"EVOLVE" next-gen shooter from the team that brought you Left 4 Dead

46andtool

Aug 16, 2013
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/02/11/evolve-lets-go-hunting Heres some gameplay footage with commentary.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/02/11/e...g-monsters-in-turtle-rocks-new-co-op-shooter/ And a preview from pcgamer.

The game is being developed by a group of people who helped create the first left 4 dead.
In a nutshell its a coop game where you and a team of players are tracking a monster that will level up and "evolve" and become progressively more and more difficult to take down as he gains size, strength and new abilities. He will hunt and stalk players and eat other creatures that live in the game world as he evolves.
This game looks very promising..kind of like a next-gen futuristic sci-fi left 4 dead. Its also gorgeous. The lighting in particular is impressive.

Between this and titanfall it looks like we will have some innovative new multiplayer fps games to try

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Someone posted about this before in the console subsection. After watching, it looks a lot like L4D multiplayer, except one side is always the tank. Seems kind of lame, IMO. I can't imagine it being much fun, but I also wasn't a huge fan of L4D. It was a big let down it wasn't the zombie survival games I originally heard about and more the zombie shoot 'em up game it became.

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Looks interesting, original L4D was EPIC! If you didn't have a solid group I could see where you missed out on the experience. L4D2 did not appeal to me for some reason.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Anyone else get into the alpha test? It's under NDA, so you can't talk about it. I haven't had a chance to fire it up just yet, but I'll give it a shot either tonight or tomorrow.

Topweasel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
It's pretty much Citizen Kabuto without the fun space adventures or the half naked floating Mermaid chicks.

But I had a blast with the CK MP, so I will end up checking this one out.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
L4D was an awesome multiplayer game, so I will definitely be trying this out when I can.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
IDK how much I am allowed to say about it but it was fun but definitely feels like it would get boring fast

I'm pretty sure you're fine just giving generic thoughts like that. Just don't talk about specific gameplay details or the like.

Unfortunately, my Sunday night ended up being busier than I would've preferred, which meant that I didn't get a chance to play it. :( I wouldn't mind if companies would consider not limiting their tests to such small windows as the Evolve test went from Friday morning to Sunday evening.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
The one major downside I've heard about this game so far, is that it gets old extremely fast because pretty much every match plays out the same way. Needs to be more variety.

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
I'll be picking this up.

Hoping I can get some of our old L4D group going again.

I've also heard that people were concerned about variety of gameplay initially but that concern seemed to disappear after people spent more time with the game.

Last edited:

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
This looks like it will suffer the same problems that L4D did which is balance in player skill and ability will be a large factor for how fun the game turns out to be, that makes for a very frustrating game play experience unless you play with a balanced group of friends.

It also suffers that it's coop and it's only 4 player, there's so many coop games out these days which are only 4-6 players and that's really kinda crap, there's already lots of places to get a well honed coop experience with just 4 players, what we need to expand our horizons to larger scale coop games. Hopefully someone will mod this to have 4 monsters and 16 hunters or something like that, I'd be more inclined to play something like that these days.