EVO Tournament this Weekend!

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
i played in it last year for the first time. was a pretty cool experience in general, although i did not spend much time at the venue other than playing in my pool. i went 3-2 and lost in my semi final match in SF4 against Air, who is like Canada's best player so I didn't feel too bad about it.

i didn't even show up to my MK pool because i didn't really like the game but had signed up for it when the game was new.

i will probably be watching the stream all weekend.

EDIT:

and as of now, i personally like watching UMVC3 the most but playing AE the most. i haven't been playing many games in general recently though. i may pick up UMVC3 at some point though. since online is my main way to play, and MVC3 online was ass, i didn't really get into it too much. but watching UMVC3 makes me want to get it and try to get good at it.

Last edited:

borisvodofsky

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2010
i played in it last year for the first time. was a pretty cool experience in general, although i did not spend much time at the venue other than playing in my pool. i went 3-2 and lost in my semi final match in SF4 against Air, who is like Canada's best player so I didn't feel too bad about it.

i didn't even show up to my MK pool because i didn't really like the game but had signed up for it when the game was new.

i will probably be watching the stream all weekend.

EDIT:

and as of now, i personally like watching UMVC3 the most but playing AE the most. i haven't been playing many games in general recently though. i may pick up UMVC3 at some point though. since online is my main way to play, and MVC3 online was ass, i didn't really get into it too much. but watching UMVC3 makes me want to get it and try to get good at it.

He is so far above your level of play that you couldn't even begin to contemplate the depth of his game or the degree to which you lost.

While the result is simply that you lost, it was in fact a grand scale massacre. ;)

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
He is so far above your level of play that you couldn't even begin to contemplate the depth of his game or the degree to which you lost.

While the result is simply that you lost, it was in fact a grand scale massacre. ;)

heh you are actually right. it wasn't even a close match. i mean sure i got in on him a few times and did damage, but i really didn't even have a chance.

he came out of losers in my pool bracket, and hugo101 was the winner of the pool.

borisvodofsky

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2010
heh you are actually right. it wasn't even a close match. i mean sure i got in on him a few times and did damage, but i really didn't even have a chance.

he came out of losers in my pool bracket, and hugo101 was the winner of the pool.

Don't feel bad. I've had my ass handed to me at much smaller events.

In the end, it's a battle of practice time. That's really the only difference between pros and scrubbs. :'(... I had the dream, then it was crushed. :D

Justin Wong is a good example, lives in mom's basement, does nothing except play fighters.

He doesn't exercise ever, as you can tell. Not trying to disparage him, I'm just emphasizing the sacrifice that one has to make to get up there.

1821842-cef13aa055313bbb1988bfa3c21ddf3f.jpg

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
i went last year and doubt i will go back again. i mean it's a cool thing to experience, and it's cool how anyone can play in the 'superbowl' of the community, but being in vegas i did not want to be in a big room with a buncha stinky nerds when i could be out and about in VEGAS!

i was literally in there for my AE pool for about an hour or 2, then skipped my mk9 pool cause i don't like that game, then came back for GF of MVC3 and AE, but had to leave before AE finished because wife and I went to a show.

TecHNooB

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
sucks that infrit lost to fchamp in marvel. fchamp was acting completely immature in the weeks leading up to evo.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
sucks that infrit lost to fchamp in marvel. fchamp was acting completely immature in the weeks leading up to evo.

You mean years? He always acts like that. It rattles enough people to make it viable. He has been a punk since MVC2.