'Evil' Iraq must face action says Blair

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
Didn't find it with a search so here it is.....................

• A/P 28/02/02 - TONY BLAIR began preparing Britain for the second phase of the war on terrorism yesterday when he said that Iraq?s development of weapons of mass destruction was a threat to world stability.
    In a heightening of the rhetoric against Saddam Hussein Mr Blair virtually lined himself up behind President Bush?s portrayal of Iraq as part of an ?axis of evil?. ?It is an issue that those who are engaged in spreading weapons of mass destruction are engaged in an evil trade and it is important that we make sure that we take action in respect of it,? he told Australia?s ABC Television shortly before leaving for the Commonwealth summit in Australia yesterday.

Mr Blair, who also spoke to Mr Bush on the telephone yesterday, will travel to Washington in April to see the President for what is increasingly being seen as a war summit.

The Prime Minister won overwhelming support for the battle to topple the Taleban in Afghanistan. It is understood that both Governments are preparing dossiers on Iraq?s terrorist links and destructive weapons. Labour MPs are moving to warn the Government that it should not take support for granted. Tam Dalyell, MP for Linlithgow, who has secured a short parliamentary debate on the issue next week, said yesterday: ?I am dismayed by the warmongering propensities of a Labour Prime Minister. One of the conditions of a just war is that everything possible is done to avoid war.

As after September 11 Mr Blair is expected to urge Mr Bush to build up the widest possible support before taking action. ?I think he has always actd in a very measured way, in a calm way, but he is right to raise these issues and certainly he has our support in doing so ? we have got to look at it but we will look at it in a calm and rational way as we have on other issues,? he told Australian television. He added: ?The accumulation of weapons of mass destruction by Iraq poses a threat, a threat not just to the region but the wider world, and I think George Bush was absiolutely right to raise it. Now what action we take in respect of that, that is an open matter for discussion.?

Asked about British Taleban suspects held in Cuba by the US, Mr Blair refused to be drawn on whether he thought they should be sent home. ?We have just got to see about that,? he said.
Not a big suprise really...........;)

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
This may very well be our last wake up call. Deal with it now or wither and die from small pox.

Superdoopercooper

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2001
while I supported the attack on Afghanistan (and now them fools are complaining about our military being there... after we freed them from a crapola govt.... UGH. :|), I'm not so sure we should go kick the crap out of contries we thing are "evil". I'm afraid that one time we're gonna do something against a country we have VASTLY underrated, and we'll get our junk handed to us on a platter.

Don't get me wrong... I love American and wouldn't want to be anywhere else... just sometime I wish we didn't ahve to be the dang WORLD POLICE. WTH???

FrancesBeansRevenge

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2001
Blair is smart enough not to forget recent history when another Bush was warning the UK and Europe of a rising 'evil' threat.
While the UK listened the rest of Europe dismissed Bush's 'simplistic, simpleton' description of Nazi Germany.
The Euros wanted to deal and appeal to the 'moderate elements' of Hitler's Third Reich. Appeasement anyone?

IMHO, the UK is the only European country with a clue (politically I mean) :)

This is a great article in a UK newspaper about the above.

CrazyHelloDeli

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2001

<< while I supported the attack on Afghanistan (and now them fools are complaining about our military being there... after we freed them from a crapola govt.... UGH. :|), I'm not so sure we should go kick the crap out of contries we thing are "evil". I'm afraid that one time we're gonna do something against a country we have VASTLY underrated, and we'll get our junk handed to us on a platter.

Don't get me wrong... I love American and wouldn't want to be anywhere else... just sometime I wish we didn't ahve to be the dang WORLD POLICE. WTH???
>>

Take a look at this and this. We dont "Think" Iraq(Saddam) is evil, we Know ok? Oh and yes, thats a dead BABY.

Aug 10, 2001

<< Blair is smart enough not to forget recent history when another Bush was warning the UK and Europe of a rising 'evil' threat.
While the UK listened the rest of Europe dismissed Bush's 'simplistic, simpleton' description of Nazi Germany.
The Euros wanted to deal and appeal to the 'moderate elements' of Hitler's Third Reich. Appeasement anyone?
>>

Are you trying to be sarcastic or have you just made the greatest anachronistic error ever? :confused:

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Thank God WWII is not happening right now.

With all the weak kneed, appeasement at all costs, self-centered, spoiled people we have in the U.S. right now we would not have ever even struck back after Pearl Harbor, let alone helped the allies in the war in Europe.

In the year 2002 we would be speaking Germanese and our kids would be goose-stepping to school.

I get so f^cking pissed and they I want to vomit!

FrancesBeansRevenge

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2001

<<

<< Blair is smart enough not to forget recent history when another Bush was warning the UK and Europe of a rising 'evil' threat.
>>

Are you trying to be sarcastic or have you just made the greatest anachronistic error ever? :confused:
>>

Yeah I guess you can call it sarcasm... it's just an interesting way to look at it... I should have pointed that out....it's from the article I linked:

<<Sixty years ago, another simple-minded absolutist was in unilateralist overdrive. George Winston Bush was in Downing Street filling the air with inflammatory cowboy rhetoric about ?a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime?. Meanwhile, on the Continent, EU Marshal Chris P&eacute;tain was deploring this crude talk of ?the abyss of a new Dark Age? as frankly unhelpful and certainly not as effective as ?constructive engagement? with ?moderate elements? in the Third Reich. At decisive moments in human history, someone has to be simple, someone has to be primal. For two crucial years in the mid-20th century, the British Empire played that role alone, and in so doing saved the world. >>

http://www.spectator.co.uk/article.php3?table=old§ion=current&issue=2002-02-23&id=1607

I take it as comparing the simplistic, yet accurate, langauge of Bush and Churchill and the reaction to both by the Euros.