Evidence of Alleged Fraud in Trump Org Tax and Loan Data

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Once the federal tax returns are made public, it would be a shame if they can't make him pay back at least some of what he avoided paying the US government.

Not to be pedantic, but tax avoidance is quite legal in this country...charitable giving, etc. Tax evasion, which this tax fraud Trump perpetrated upon NY and the US, is wholly illegal. Semantics, I know, but an important distinction.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Not to be pedantic, but tax avoidance is quite legal in this country...charitable giving, etc. Tax evasion, which this tax fraud Trump perpetrated upon NY and the US, is wholly illegal. Semantics, I know, but an important distinction.
Which one applies to Trump? Maybe both?

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Seemingly the only money that Trump gives is to other people to perform illegal acts or be quiet. I still want to the see the bill for that Moscow hotel room. :p

Reactions: DarthKyrie

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Although not directly related to this thread or the current Trump Org investigation, it's so surprising that another fraud suit against the Org. was already in progress. Seems he's losing this one so far.

Appeals court deals setback to Trump in fraud suit - POLITICO

A federal appeals court has rejected an attempt by former President Donald Trump and three of his children to force arbitration in a class-action lawsuit accusing him of fraud during the decade he spent as a pitchman for ACN, a business services company featured on “Celebrity Apprentice.”

Reactions: soundforbjt

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Although not directly related to this thread or the current Trump Org investigation, it's so surprising that another fraud suit against the Org. was already in progress. Seems he's losing this one so far.

A federal appeals court has rejected an attempt by former President Donald Trump and three of his children to force arbitration in a class-action lawsuit accusing him of fraud during the decade he spent as a pitchman for ACN, a business services company featured on “Celebrity Apprentice.”
you know what they say -- what goes around comes around...

Reactions: hal2kilo

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Weird, I didn't remember any of this. I thought where the hell did this investigation come from but, guess what. It's still on, and no more delays. In time for verdict before 2024?.

Trump lawyers' bid to delay trial over "pyramid scheme" lawsuit just backfired on his 2024 campaign | Salon.com