EVGA stepup program

xxceler8

Dec 29, 2007
I am curious what kind of value they give on the 90 day trade in. It is not mentioned anywhere on the FAQ on the corp. site. How much price drop are we talking about here..

DarkRogue

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2007
AFAIK, they take the current MSRP value of your card, subtract that from the MSRP value of the card you're trying to step up to, and you pay that difference for the new card.
I could be wrong though, I've never stepped up before, but that's how I gather it works. My step-up expires in under a week, but unfortunately, I don't see anything really worth stepping up to for my needs..

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Actually it's whatever price you paid for the card. If you spent $250 on an 8800GT (for example) then that's how much you would deduct from the card you wish to step up to. However, it's not as rosy as it sounds. The stepup cards are priced at MSRP prices, so they usually tend to be more expensive than from other stores/sites.

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
Originally posted by: Red Storm
Actually it's whatever price you paid for the card. If you spent $250 on an 8800GT (for example) then that's how much you would deduct from the card you wish to step up to. However, it's not as rosy as it sounds. The stepup cards are priced at MSRP prices, so they usually tend to be more expensive than from other stores/sites.
At card release time (which is when you'd do a step-up anyway), MSRP is fine (or sometimes cheaper, as with the 8800GT). Step-up's not meant for second-guessing your choice, but being able to take a choice you didn't have before.

videopho

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
Originally posted by: Red Storm
Actually it's whatever price you paid for the card

:thumbsup:

You need proof of purchase of how much you actually paid for it.
I've done it twice but not any more.
You'd save more money by buying the card out right then dump the old card on eBay or AT For Sale forum.

xxceler8

Dec 29, 2007
yea i guess the fact you have to pay full MSRP from them, higher than market value.. kinda kills it. Hell of a time to be ordering a system!

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I got a 7800GT from Newegg and EVGA honored what I paid at the time, not full MSRP.
Turned it in for a 7900GTX which was noticeably better in Oblivion and FEAR.