EVGA Power Supplies (850w and up) 30% Coupon Code (EVGA Website)

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Nice. Am I to assume that the G2 is Gold, and the P2 is Platinum rated? Those are nice prices. I don't think that I need an 850W PSU for this rig, but maybe if I ever get a TR/TR2 rig, that would be a sweet option. (In that case, I might go for 1000-1200W though, if I were to use four RX 570 GPUs and OC the CPU.)

Edit: In the back of my mind, I have been contemplating a new PSU for my main rig, with a Ryzen 5 1600 and, right now, an R7 260X 2GB. I had a RX 460 4GB Nitro in here before, mining, but it mysteriously died overnight, so I'm not sure if this PSU is iffy or what.

I can't mine on the 260X, too unstable, crashes / hangs.

The RX 460 is truly dead, though, I tried it in another PC, same symptoms.

I'm waiting for a good under-$200 sale on an RX 580 8GB card with decent fans and no rebate. Soon enough!

Anyways, back to the current PSU, it's an Antec Neo Eco (Seasonic version, I think) 620W. It has only been in my rig for almost two years now, but what gives me pause is, it was in storage for like 5-6 years before that, BNIB. So I don't know if the caps dried out.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Nice. Am I to assume that the G2 is Gold, and the P2 is Platinum rated?

Yeah, the "P" is for platinum. I own both a G2 and a P2, and they are great power supplies.

Anyways, back to the current PSU, it's an Antec Neo Eco (Seasonic version, I think) 620W. It has only been in my rig for almost two years now, but what gives me pause is, it was in storage for like 5-6 years before that, BNIB. So I don't know if the caps dried out.

Could be, but the only way to know for sure is to read the voltages with a multimeter. Generally a good quality PSU shouldn't be affected too much by sitting for several years, but you never know because of variables like heat and humidity.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Awesome, picked up the 850 g2 for 77, son and I have been trading cases and my non-modular pcp-c won't fit due to all the cables lol, hope this works, physical measurements are same

Reactions: UsandThem

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Awesome, picked up the 850 g2 for 77, son and I have been trading cases and my non-modular pcp-c won't fit due to all the cables lol, hope this works, physical measurements are same

Went with the free shipping, so took 10 days to get here. But, the modular design allowed for enough room to install it, so....awesome.

Reactions: UsandThem