EVGA now selling branded RAM? Is this new?

Charlie98

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2011
I find it unusual they are coming out with... DDR3? Why not go straight to DDR4?

Maybe they are trying to out-AMD AMD (with their branded RAM and SSD's, etc.)

EVGA is hitting it hard with some decent PSU's now, I know... I just bought one.

EDIT: Superclocked? The timings don't look so super to me... 9-9-9-24?

Last edited:

Charlie98

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2011
Looks on par with the Corsair set I bought 5 years ago for $40, that's still selling for $40.

Sooo.... 'Superclocked' suggests, as it does with their GPUs, that the timings would be a little more advanced than typical run of the mill product. Both my HTPC and my GAME rig have some generic Team RAM with the same timings. Not saying it isn't bad RAM, or that it will OC well (or not,) but it really isn't what the name suggests.

Charlie98

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2011
Right, I'm just pointing out it's overpriced and really late

No, not really overpriced... 2x8GB = 16GB You find me a set 16GB set of RAM at $40, I'm on it!!! :D It's priced where all the other sets are, but I agree the 'timing' of the release is a bit odd...

Charlie98

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2011
At the risk of sounding like an EVGA fanboi, their superflower based PSUs are FAR better than "decent".

Well, I'm there with you... always had decent service from my EVGA GPUs... thought I'd try one of their mid-level PSUs. The lower end ones didn't get very good reviews, similar to Corsair CX/CX-M, which aren't regarded as 'decent' in some circles.

fourdegrees11

Mar 9, 2009
No, not really overpriced... 2x8GB = 16GB You find me a set 16GB set of RAM at $40, I'm on it!!! :D It's priced where all the other sets are, but I agree the 'timing' of the release is a bit odd...

Wow I dont know how I overlooked that! I saw 8gb for some reason

Johnny Lucky

Apr 14, 2012
www.johnnylucky.org
Hiya Gang!

I check over 100 web sites almost daily for ssd news, articles, and technical reviews for the ssd database I maintain. While doing that I also read news and articles about other products.

There were announcements about the EVGA memory prior to being released. They were just brief notices.

It is another example of diversification to increase revenue. Not much different from Corsair or Cooler Master. Start with one product line and expand to other product lines.

BTW - If you didn't read news reports and articles about the big Consumer and Electronics Show held in Las Vegas last month there are more announcements. OCZ, Patriot, Plextor, and Zotac have announced new PCIe 3.0 x 4 and/or M.2 3.0 x 4 ssd's for 2016. In additon companies are working on new flash memoty that has characteristcs similar to DRAM memory. However, unlike motherboard memory data is not lost when a pc is shut down.