EVGA GTX460 - $145 shipped!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
that's what I'm saying, you're better off missing this deal, anyway. You'll just be stuck upgrading and/or dropping resolutions soon if you get this, while signifcant price jumps and even the "next big thing" are literally right around the corner. In fact, 6770 looks to be quite similar to 5850 and should end up being quite a bit cheaper as well. If you can hold out until BF and/or keep checking out hot deals you'll see something sweet on a card that works for you.
where are you getting info about the 6770?

ShreddedWheat

Apr 3, 2006
If I didn't already have my 5850 that I bought about a year ago for 300 bones I would be looking at this....Great deal!

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
it's been going in and out of stock all day today.

they also had an oc version for $10 more, you might try that.

polypterus

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2001
Did anyone order when the combo was with Just Cause 2 instead of the SC2 trial? If so what did you end up getting?

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
Received in a newegg box today lol

that's funny.

I just took the free shipping option.

Is chief value a subsidiary of newegg? = yes it is. searched chiefvalue wiki and got newegg's wikipedia page. here's the pertinent data:

Storefronts

* Newegg.com — principal site, for United States customers
* Newegg.ca — for Canadian customers
* Biz.Newegg.com — for corporations, resellers, schools and non-profit organizations.
* Newegg.com.cn — for Chinese customers
* NeweggMall.com — U.S. website with other third party vendors
* ChiefValue.com — a sister website of Newegg.com which contains mainly computer products
* ABS.com — System builder owned by Newegg
* Rosewill.com — Newegg product brand

interestting about rosewill.com, I didn't know that that they were the newegg house brand. maybe I'll look at them in the future.

Last edited:

kinev

Golden Member
Mar 28, 2005
that's funny.

I just took the free shipping option.

Is chief value a subsidiary of newegg? = yes it is. searched chiefvalue wiki and got newegg's wikipedia page. here's the pertinent data:

Storefronts

* Newegg.com — principal site, for United States customers
* Newegg.ca — for Canadian customers
* Biz.Newegg.com — for corporations, resellers, schools and non-profit organizations.
* Newegg.com.cn — for Chinese customers
* NeweggMall.com — U.S. website with other third party vendors
* ChiefValue.com — a sister website of Newegg.com which contains mainly computer products
* ABS.com — System builder owned by Newegg
* Rosewill.com — Newegg product brand

interestting about rosewill.com, I didn't know that that they were the newegg house brand. maybe I'll look at them in the future.

Huh...didn't know that either. Thanks for the info!

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Huh...didn't know that either. Thanks for the info!

Stuff like that happens more than you know. Sometimes they are in-house, sometimes acquired. For instance Axiontech is owned by Directron. There's a place in NY that I forgot what they were called (they had all those $6 1GB HP RAM deals BITD) that had a few different online web stores. Geeks is Evertek. eWiz is SuperBiiz is MA Labs, and Super Talent is their house brand. I think Tech Depot is Office Depot. House brands (similarly, exclusive brands) are all over the place.

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
well, for me at least newegg is a strong enough brand that I'll be more comfortable buying from chief value and buying rosewill products in the future.

formulav8

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2000
Newegg brought out their Rosewill brand quite a long time ago. I've bought some of their stuff. I still think its a stupid name. Also much of their products are simply rebadged from someone elses product. Like their power supplys, hsf's, network products, ect... So if their rebadged product is based on a crappy product then you have 2 crappy products. As always, research is very important.

Jason

Schmide

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2002
BTW even though I got the SC bundle, I applied for the Metro 2033 coupon at evga's site and got it. Give it a try.