Evga GTX 970 SuperClocked ACX with superflower 450W Plus Gold?

Dansuso

Oct 3, 2014
Hi,I am Dani,my english isn´t very good,i am spanish.

I will buy Evga gtx 970 superclocked with acx 2.0,my question is: With the psu superflower 450W 80 Plus gold,the gtx 970 go do well?

Thank,
Dani.
P.D:
The Pc will be amd fx 8320,asrock extreme 4 and 8GB.

Last edited:

digitaldurandal

Golden Member
Dec 3, 2009
Possibly not. My friend got one of the 970 SC AX2.0's and his 550w was unable to handle it.

You may get away with it with a standard 970 but it would definitely be pushing it. You might want to look at the total amperage available on the rail used for the pcie power. I have a feeling it will be inadequate.

Dansuso

Oct 3, 2014
And what PSU you recommended me? My BUDGET is 50-60 euros,you can say the name and I search in spanish shop.

Last edited:

KaRLiToS

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2010
If you dont OC your CPU it should be fine.

^^This

The PSU is good enough for stock system and little extra... that's about it. Very good option for your purpose. Keep it if you don't plan to OC

jonnyGURU.com Reviews - Super Flower Golden Green 450W

Performance
Functionality
Value
Build Quality
Total Score

Summary

What Superflower has here just so happens to be one of the best smaller units I've tested. The Golden Green 450W is efficient, quiet, and it regulates as steady as Clint Eastwood's shootin' arm. It's just about the best option that I can think of for general purpose light duty rigs with one video card. Bust out the wallet and grab one, says I.

The Good:

above average regulation
very efficient
excellent ripple suppression
very good build quality
The Bad:

generic user guide

The Mediocre:

no MOV

Last edited: