EVGA GTX 680 Classified Testing

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Let me guess, you're gonna break down in the middle of the night and order 4 of them. :whiste:

You know, some people would probably do that if EVGA didn't have a 1 680 card per household limit that doesn't expire ever. I ordered a 690 from there and it locks me out from ordering another one. Pure genius.

So you order 1 classified and you're done. You can't order another. Not sure who thought of this genius idea at EVGA, even if they have limited QTY they should know that people want to SLI...

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Also whats up with the fan maxing out at 55%? That doesn't make much sense either, even if its a great fan

Don Karnage

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2011
You know, some people would probably do that if EVGA didn't have a 1 680 card per household limit that doesn't expire ever. I ordered a 690 from there and it locks me out from ordering another one. Pure genius.

So you order 1 classified and you're done. You can't order another. Not sure who thought of this genius idea at EVGA, even if they have limited QTY they should know that people want to SLI...

I see EVGA going the way of BFG sooner then later

borisvodofsky

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2010

Oh, i'm sure Don will find a way. At worst he'll murder 3 other people in the neighborhood and assume their identity to order 3 more cards. :whiste:

He's probably already plotted this, and he's only saying he doesn't want the cards on this forum for plausible deniability. :whiste:

by my estimates he's already gotten to 2 neighbors. only 1 more to go.

Don Karnage

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2011
Oh, i'm sure Don will find a way. At worst he'll murder 3 other people in the neighborhood and assume their identity to order 3 more cards. :whiste:

He's probably already plotted this, and he's only saying he doesn't want the cards on this forum for plausible deniability. :whiste:

by my estimates he's already gotten to 2 neighbors. only 1 more to go.

Don's thinking about doing an extreme build and be done till Haswell EP.

SRX with a pair of E5-2687W's

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
OK, just got off with tech support, and get a load of this crap. You must have an EVGA Motherboard to flash the EVBot for use with the Classified GPU, how dumb is that!!!!

I feel bad for him but

I can't stop laughing at how incredibly stupid this is. Good one EVGA.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
coach is not impressed. :biggrin:

EDIT: I just ran Heaven and got 82.9 fps for my oced 670 on the same settings he got 85 fps for that oced 680 classified. lol

Last edited:

Don Karnage

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2011
coach is not impressed. :biggrin:

EDIT: I just ran Heaven and got 82.9 fps for my oced 670 on the same settings he got 85 fps for that oced 680 classified. lol

The OP of that thread over at EVGA is obviously a noob and a teenager. Did you read in his thread? He had to use his dad's credit card to buy the card. He wanted the card because he could brag to all his friends he had a classified. Why is it that dumbasses always get the cards that should goto hardcore overclockers?

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
LOL

Email sent with my serial and other questions, concerns and requests!

Thanks for responding Jacob, I'm feeling a bit better. The entire time during my newspaper route tonight, I was mulling over this whole mess in my head....its been driving me nuts. Hope I didn't miss anyone!

So he runs a newspaper route and his it was charged to his Dads CC :rolleyes:

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001

I don't get that either, I know some people were scamming users for them. Like they'd buy them and then resell to people who missed the opportunity to get them at way over the MSRP. However, you should be able to get two.

Now their 690 is unavailable unless you buy the motherboard combo I think. I'd never run one of their motherboards myself.

Some of their practices and products are a bit strange, but their service has always been good when I needed it.

edit: dude sounds like a crybaby too "stop talking about your GTX 670 in my thread" lol. Then again, many people on that forum have good hardware but are really clueless about many things.

Last edited:

borisvodofsky

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2010
I don't get that either, I know some people were scamming users for them. Like they'd buy them and then resell to people who missed the opportunity to get them at way over the MSRP. However, you should be able to get two.

Now their 690 is unavailable unless you buy the motherboard combo I think. I'd never run one of their motherboards myself.

Some of their practices and products are a bit strange, but their service has always been good when I needed it.

edit: dude sounds like a crybaby too "stop talking about your GTX 670 in my thread" lol. Then again, many people on that forum have good hardware but are really clueless about many things.

Some of the people on that forum have expensive but weird hardware configurations in their sig, i actually think some of them are just making shit up, cuz many of their setups don't make any sense cost wise, and are horribly mismatched.