EVGA/Folding@home promo

RobertE

May 14, 2005
Got this in my email a little bit ago, some of you may already be participating.

http://www.evga.com/folding/promo.asp

Earn EVGA Bucks For Folding with EVGA!
Our most successful promotion ever continues another year! Last year over 50,000 EVGA bucks were earned by our Folding@Home community - it was successful beyond our wildest dreams when we started it in February 2009. We have revamped the way it works completely and we upped the ante as well. Our promotion will reward the folders that stick with our team throughout the year. Every month you must pass one or two milestones to earn EVGA bucks: 100k and 250k points per month. If you pass 100k you will earn 5 EVGA bucks, if you pass 250k you will earn 5 more EVGA bucks for a total of 10. That's a total of 60 EVGA bucks for 1,200,000 points and 120 EVGA Bucks for 3,000,000 points - but only if you fold all year!

How it works:
At midnight of the first of every month, we will take a capture of your points. This time, you can earn up to 120 EVGA bucks, 10 per month, for getting 250,000 per month. That's about 8,500 PPD. We have another option to earn 5 EVGA bucks per month for those that earn 100,000 points. That's about 3,500 PPD. Your count will then reset the following month so you will need to earn 100k or 250k more points that month to get more EVGA bucks. For each milestone, you will need to check in on the My Folding page to request your EVGA Bucks. To check your current 'folding year' point totals, check your My Folding page.

Points per month: EVGA bucks earned
250,000: 5 EVGA Bucks (for a total of 10)
100,000: 5 EVGA Bucks

Anyone doing this?

I've never run folding@home. Both my rigs are running boinc, mainly Einstein.

So a few more questions.

How well would a GTX 260 fair?
How well does folding@home play alongside boinc?

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
It is for their team not for TeAm AnandTech ... :( and that is why I did not join.

Folding@home is great fun, and it requires some knowledge in setting up the clients for best production. If you check phaxmodhem's stats threads you'll find links to the set-up guides.

PCTC2

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2007
I always thought about dedicating one machine to their team, but it's not really worth it. I'm with the TeAm and the $120/year can only go towards more video cards, and then that's more PPD and more electricity...

If it scaled beyond $10/month, I would think about it. I probably could get over a million a month nowadays... but we won't know until next race next December....