eVGA 9600GSO Dual-Slot Pics for Volt Mod

quadomatic

May 13, 2007
I'm looking to volt mod my eVGA 9600GSO Dual-Slot Edition card. It's the one that went on sale for $34 ($31 if you did Live Search Cashback) back in September. The card doesn't follow the reference model, so I took the cooler off and took some pictures of the bare card.

I tried to take as good pics as I could. The images are fairly high resolution (3072x2304), and in total all the pictures weigh in at almost 20MB, so I zipped them up and uploaded them to filedropper.

It seems like I can overclock this card quite a bit. Without the volt mod, it runs at 752 mhz core/1806 mhz shader/1050 mhz memory. No problems as of yet. When I took the cooler off I found that the memory chips are Samsung, not the qimonda chips that were mentioned as being questionable earlier (though I don't know anything about the Samsung chips).

For $31, it definitely seems like I'm getting my money's worth. Fallout 3 runs beautifully, as does most every other game I've tried (Crysis is a bit questionable, but that's to be expected).

So, if someone could have a look at these pictures and tell me what I can do for a volt mod, I'd appreciate it:

http://www.filedropper.com/9600gso

Thanks a bunch!

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
I picked up that card when it was $36 AR. Simply cannot go wrong for that price. Haven't tried to overclock it yet. I'm interested to see what kind of volt mods are available for it, too.

Bill Kunert

Oct 9, 1999
Have you considered modding the bios to get an additional 0.1 volt? I modded the bios on my EVGA 8800GS primarily to change the fan profile but also for the extra voltage.

quadomatic

May 13, 2007
Originally posted by: Bill Kunert
Have you considered modding the bios to get an additional 0.1 volt? I modded the bios on my EVGA 8800GS primarily to change the fan profile but also for the extra voltage.

Well since I already unplugged the card and took of the cooler I think I'll just go the extra mile and hard-mod it. I was going to do a bios mod, but I decided it'd be worth it to get all the juice out.