eVGA 8800GTX ACS3 Version?

Centurin

Sep 13, 2006
I was under the impression that eVGA was only selling one 8800GTX which was the ACS3 version with the modified heat sink. Seems the one I bought was the reference design. :( Not that it matters because I don't plan on overclocking it. But after doing a search, I can't find the ACS3 version anywhere. Is it even released? The only ones I can find are the reference.

jim1976

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2003
I was trying to find this one as well yesterday that I purchased mine but nothing. The site has it but when you press for details there's nothing available.. Is it even released yet?

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
IIRC, all the initial run 8-series cards are all built by the same manufacturer. Basically, the only difference is the sticker on the heatsink. Once actual card manufacture is released to the individial partners, you will begin to see more variation in the cooling designs.

Avalon

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Centurin
There already are variations for example.. Just wondering why you can't find any of them or the eVGA specifically.

That Sparkle Calibre design was pretty awesome. I wonder if Anand's OC was just a bad OC? The peltier kicks butt keeping the card cool at the expense of heat output and power usage.

Nightmare225

Golden Member
May 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Centurin
I was under the impression that eVGA was only selling one 8800GTX which was the ACS3 version with the modified heat sink. Seems the one I bought was the reference design. :( Not that it matters because I don't plan on overclocking it. But after doing a search, I can't find the ACS3 version anywhere. Is it even released? The only ones I can find are the reference.

Don't worry. They don't overclock much more than the reference design one, and the heat is not much less. You won't be missing anything! ;)