EVGA 850G Woes

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Wow. I wish I could purchase a Seasonic Prime 850W for $65. Now, that would be a deal!

So did the probably 5000+ people from Slickdeals who placed an order for one last night. ;)

I knew it was a pricing error, and there was no way they were going to take that loss on a unit that is $200+.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
So did the probably 5000+ people from Slickdeals who placed an order for one last night. ;)

I knew it was a pricing error, and there was no way they were going to take that loss on a unit that is $200+.

I think it's a great psu for $200. At $65 I may have to go clean my pants!

Reactions: UsandThem

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I'm picturing all these nerds frantically clicking ADD TO CART. Then there's VirtualLarry that tried to buy ten of these for the poor people he runs across in life.

LOL

Reactions: UsandThem

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Won't some please think of the homeless gamers? For just dollars a day you can bring FPS joy to tens of people in this cruel world. Do your part today and send your donations (tax deductible, of course) to VirtualLarry's Budget Gaming Boxes for the Poor PayPal account right away!

Reactions: VirtualLarry

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I knew it was too good to be true. I gambled and lost. lol.

It would have been awesome if you could have gotten it for that price. That's quite possibly the best ATX power supply available. Unfortunately, it normally runs ~$200. *Price Is Right horn*

ISAslot

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2001
Well, it lasted a little while. 3rd refurbished unit now requires time unplugged before it will work again after sleep/shutdown. I'm thinking by the time they get these units as returns, they have been disconnected for so long they look fine and so they ship them back out. I think I will insist on a new unit this time.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Won't some please think of the homeless gamers? For just dollars a day you can bring FPS joy to tens of people in this cruel world. Do your part today and send your donations (tax deductible, of course) to VirtualLarry's Budget Gaming Boxes for the Poor PayPal account right away!
LOL. It would indeed be nice to get donations. But not exactly tax-deductible, as this point in time.

Reactions: bigboxes

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Someone get @Muse to look at this thread. He was having similar symptoms with sleep mode, on a board he bought here, and I got the feeling that he blamed it on the board, but if it is the PSU, that opens up another dimension for trouble-shooting.

Dave Rafael

Mar 29, 2017
I also experience that! what i do is i check all the reviews online about the best Psu rather than listen to a sales person.

ISAslot

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2001
Just got my 4th RMA replacement. This time it's a retail unit. Hopefully this will fix it!

ng4330

Dec 18, 2015
Just got my 4th RMA replacement. This time it's a retail unit. Hopefully this will fix it!

Good luck! I'm still running the same retail unit that I installed and posted about back in mid-Feb. I have not tried using Sleep mode at all - I either just leave the computer on or I choose Shutdown. I've decided that I will just continue using it in this manner and never put it in Sleep mode. That way, if my unit starts developing similar issues despite having never been put into Sleep mode, we can definitely discount that as being a factor. At this point though it seems like putting the PC into the lower power Sleep state could have something to do with this model PSU's eventual failure. Just a theory at this point though. I'll post again if I start experiencing issues. Let me know if you come up with any other possible causes for the problem.