everytime I turn on my computer it has no video

rupertch

Feb 3, 2013
hi everyone! glad to be here! I need some help, I recently adquired a graphics card, an evga nvidia gt520, which is a nice one by the way, the thing is, everytime I turn on my computer there's no video, screen shows "no signal", I have to remove the video card, get into the bios settings and change the video to onboard, turn it off, insert the card again, turn it on, get into the bios and change the video to pci-e, restart, and then video is back. I have no idea why this is happening. could it be some bios battery dead? but if so, time and date would be lost too, right? as well as any other configuration I'd made on the bios so far, isn't it? :confused: but they aren't, unless time and date don't work at the same volt, or they're not powered by the same :colbert:..my computer is an amd athlon 64 x2 2.6 5200+ dual core on an asrock alive nf6g-vsta mobo running xp..any help would be appeciated..thanks!!!

Last edited:

NickelPlate

Nov 9, 2006
Man that sounds like a huge hassle. I'm not familiar with that MB but if it's pretty old replacing the battery would be a cheap thing to try. That and have you tried clearing CMOS and/or loading setup defaults? Also have you checked to see if there is an updated BIOS? Maybe a reflash is in order.

rupertch

Feb 3, 2013
the mobo it's like three years old. I'm giving a try to the battery thing, hope it works, I'm buying one tomorrow, but like I said in the main post, date and time are ok, as bios configurations, I'm just saying, they're lost when battery is dead, as far as I know. I haven't tried to load default settings on the bios, but I will. I updated the bios to the latest, because it adds some overclock features. thanks for answering dude. by the way, here's the link to the mb info:http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.la.asp?model=alivenf6g-vsta..