Everything

cheesecurd

Feb 10, 2006
There are days when the world comes at you all at once. Everything you've done, everything you are doing and everything you will do suddenly bear down with great ferocity. You are left questioning everything. It is days like these that define who we are.

Do we look to the past, analyze the present or hope for the future? Is it one of those things, or some combination of them that will guide us? Perhaps none of that matters. Perhaps our course has already been defined and we are simply fufilling what is already decided. Whatever the case, should we be content to make the best of what we have? Sometimes that is nothing more than a memory or a regret. So is it the past that defines us, or rather do we let the past affect our future? What if our destiny has been defined and we are doomed to fufill that destiny, whether or not it is what we want? Is it worth the struggle to try to break free from something for which the bonds cannot be broken? Can willpower triumph over absolution? Perhaps we shall never know why our lives play out as they do, or if we truly have any control.

Life, love and ambition -- do these things really mean anything? If we cannot control them, how could they? So are we to conclude that life is meaninngless or that the struggle to define our lives means everything? I am inclined to believe the latter, except on days like this one. Days where I question why my life has played out as it has, and why it could not be the way I wanted. So, I say, live to redefine the past to fit into your future. I may suceed. I will probably fail. But I didn't let indecesion and apathy define my life. That is what I will remember.