EverQuest 2 or World of Warcraft?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CChaos

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2003
I traded a WoW beta account for an EQ2 beta account briefly so I could try them both. WoW could have been released back then and I think it would have been more complete than some recently release MMORPG's. EQ2 bored me silly after a day. I've gone back to stalking around UT2k4 servers again.

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004
So EQ2 really is that bad? jeez that sux i was really looking forward to a really good MMO after palying some truely bad ones.

ucdbiendog

Platinum Member
Sep 22, 2001
imin the open beta of WoW, and so far i like it a lot. leveling is not as painful as other mmorpgs

dexvx

Diamond Member
Feb 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Dulanic
Overall gameplay mechanics I'd have to give EQ2 the edge, it has some fantastic ideas... playing my cleric in beta.... assumed targeting is awsome. You can have the main tank targetted for heals, but if you want to toss a smite into the mix, you dont have to switch targets, just hit the spell and it will cast it on whoever the main tank has targeted. Heroic Opportunities is pretty cool also.

In WoW there something called "macros" in which you can set up and modify. I can do what you described in 1 button.

Community, I'd have to go with EQ2, WoW has alot of l33t people who drive me nuts, but there are lots of mature respectful gamers also like cairdeas people who will be playing WoW.

Uh no. A lot of the power EQ guilds quit to join WoW. Community wise, WoW has the upper-hand, most of the EQ guilds are newbies compared to AfterLife, Cairdeas, Legacy of Steel, etc. There are no doubt other power guilds left on EQ2, but definitely not as many as the glory days.

WoW has alot of solo play, EQ2 is more group oriented. Many of the quests you can not complete while their your level without a group.

Complete and utter BS. At cap, there are few solo quests; everything is oriented by the "raid" concept of a group of 40 people. Just about 1 hour ago, my guild (Exiled) had to team up with the two other major guilds on Alliance PvP server to attempt a stab at Onyxia. We are the first raid group to make her fly, but we failed.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft....l&T=649956&P=1

EQ2 is LOADED with content, I could barely finish the quests I had just from my starting area, it's LOADED with them.

I also really like instancing with EQ2, it is nice to have copies of zones so areas don't get overloaded especially at first release.

There are more quests in WoW than there are in EQ2. It is impossible to finish them all before you outlevel them. And the concept of instancing... guess who invented that idea? Blizzard. Guild Wars also has instancing, but that was made by former blizzard employees who got in an arguement about how WoW shold implement instances.

Chronoshock

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: dexvx
Complete and utter BS. At cap, there are few solo quests; everything is oriented by the "raid" concept of a group of 40 people. Just about 1 hour ago, my guild (Exiled) had to team up with the two other major guilds on Alliance PvP server to attempt a stab at Onyxia. We are the first raid group to make her fly, but we failed.

Ooh nice, you're in Exiled eh? GL with Onyxia :) looking forward to seeing a group finally beat her
What's class you play?

dexvx

Diamond Member
Feb 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Chronoshock
Originally posted by: dexvx

Ooh nice, you're in Exiled eh? GL with Onyxia :) looking forward to seeing a group finally beat her
What's class you play?

I am known as:

Neme <Exiled>, 60 NE Druid
DaxZY <Exiled>, 58 Human Paladin
DexZY, 60 Tauren Warrior

gsaldivar

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2001

dexvx

Diamond Member
Feb 2, 2000
Originally posted by: gsaldivar
AWESOME!!

http://www.wowology.com/images/Ony2.jpg

The raid chat on your screenshots speaks VOLUMES as to how fun WoW is to play...

:D:thumbsup:

We knew Onyxia can fly. We didnt know what she'd do.

Apparently she flies up, spitting out fireballs and lights the whole lair on fire, doing about 1600 fire damage TWICE. Needless to say it was awesome, but we wiped.