Ever tried to work out who the ASO(air security officer/sky marshal) is on your flight?

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
?

Assuming you don't have Chloe to tell you the seat he's in ;)

EDIT: i think i worked it out on my last flight, but then i got distracted by a large number of Gin & Tonics ;) PLus i could hardly knock him the fvck out, JAck Bauer style, could i?

imported_Zeke

Sep 18, 2004
Want to know? I'll spill a big secret. It is the guy who shows his badge both to the boarding agents and to the captain after getting on the plane. Not terribly subtle.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Zeke
Want to know? I'll spill a big secret. It is the guy who shows his badge both to the boarding agents and to the captain after getting on the plane. Not terribly subtle.

?

The are anonomous, and intentionally so...

Oct 9, 1999
well usually the guy sits on a asile.. sits somewhere middle (for a large plane) or back for a small plane.

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Zeke

They usually board before other passengers. You can also tell who is transporting a prisoner on a commerical flight because they are seated before the first boarding call and one guy has a coat over his hands to hide the handcuffs. :)

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
There is a lot of discussion on flyertalk about this topic. They are very easy to spot if you know what to look for.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Dunbar
There is a lot of discussion on flyertalk about this topic. They are very easy to spot if you know what to look for.

ayup. just look for stuff like...well, I won't bore you with specifics, let's just say they're very easy to spot.

2Dead

Feb 19, 2005
It's the little old lady with the aisle seat and the .44 tucked away... I know better than to mess with her.

jemcam

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
I don't know, but I've been asked twice by flight attendants if I was the air marshall on the plane. : )

I thought that was pretty cool, I must have the "look" or something.

theknight571

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001
lol... I misread the post and went to FlyTalk... not on topic...but if you need to know how to tie a fly... its the place to be.

flyERTalk look more like its on topic... lol

jlbenedict

Banned
Jul 10, 2005
Originally posted by: jemcam
I don't know, but I've been asked twice by flight attendants if I was the air marshall on the plane. : )

I thought that was pretty cool, I must have the "look" or something.

SHENS!