Ever seen YELLOW tires???

jsbush

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2000
I've seen red, and green tires on many occasions.

Oh wait that was on some bicycles.

no0b

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Ive heard about them before and that they are illegal in some states/areas because gangs would mark their territoy with the differnet colours.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I'd heard several years back that Michelin was test-marketing colored-tread tires in Europe. I guess they're starting to make their way into specialty markets here in the US. (You won't catch me putting them on my car..)

sohcrates

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2000
i've seen black tires with "stripes" of color that look pretty cool...but that's just wrong

though i suppose they'd stay clean if you only drove on carpet....

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Are those 100% yellow rubber, right through? Or are they black tires with about five millimeters of yellow rubber on top? That'd be kind of neat if it was pure yellow, at least when they wore they wouldn't look stupid, although having black underneath would be handy for determining tread wear.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

<< Look on the bright side, EbonyExperience can finally have pink tires.

Viper GTS
>>

18" lips? -I MEAN uh... rims. Yeah, rims. :eek:

nik

ISAslot

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2001
What's next? When you do a burn out it smells like bananas? They already have that stuff that you can put in you gasoline to make your exhaust smell like candy.
rolleye.gif

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001
I heard colored tires sucks performance wise. Usual tires are black, because they have graphite in them. Graphite is added to enhance the property of rubber.

ChangLi

Sep 25, 2001
From the "What it's worth department," The black in traditional tires is added otherwise tires would be off-white/grey me seems to remember. Watched a blip on TV about it once. MFGs are supposedly gonna offer multiple colors soon.
rolleye.gif

veryape

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2000

<< http://vw-page.at/Pics/Galerie/Golf4/g4_43.jpg

i don't know about you.. but if i start seeing rainbow tires everywhere i go, i'm gonna kill someone. and please.. don't anyone use the term RICE on this unless you know what "Rice" actually means.
>>

Like they'll be seen in any community but the ricer community.
rolleye.gif

wfbberzerker

Lifer
Apr 12, 2001

<< What's next? When you do a burn out it smells like bananas? They already have that stuff that you can put in you gasoline to make your exhaust smell like candy. >>

haha thats gotta be illegal, i can just imagine teenagers shoving their faces in the exhaust pipes of cars...