Ever seen a portapotty floating away? Did the loo go round and round. . . round and round?

episodic

Lifer
Feb 7, 2004
What gets me is those two houses just behind the ditch were just built and were for sale. Would you want to have one of those?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Working on barges for many years, I've seen dozens of them get washed or knocked overboard, or just plain dropped by the crane operator...(most of the time, the only way to get them to a barge, is to have a boat deliver them, then load/unload them with a crane) I picked one off the loading dock one day when we were in for supplies, swung it around to put it in place, and the rope they had it rigged with let go.....from about 60' in the air! Hit the bay and came about 4 feet from landing in one of our work skiffs tied along side...BOMBS AWAY! Fortunately, it was a brand new one, and never been used, instead of a fully loaded one...Wasn't much left of it...it pretty much exploded on impact.

episodic

Lifer
Feb 7, 2004
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Working on barges for many years, I've seen dozens of them get washed or knocked overboard, or just plain dropped by the crane operator...(most of the time, the only way to get them to a barge, is to have a boat deliver them, then load/unload them with a crane) I picked one off the loading dock one day when we were in for supplies, swung it around to put it in place, and the rope they had it rigged with let go.....from about 60' in the air! Hit the bay and came about 4 feet from landing in one of our work skiffs tied along side...BOMBS AWAY! Fortunately, it was a brand new one, and never been used, instead of a fully loaded one...Wasn't much left of it...it pretty much exploded on impact.

Sounds like alot of fun. . .

sswingle

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Originally posted by: episodic
What gets me is those two houses just behind the ditch were just built and were for sale. Would you want to have one of those?

Hell no. Even with damn good flood insurance.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
I've heard of them being picked up by tornadoes - what comes up must come down. :Q