ever just chat with a cop?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cain

Banned
Aug 1, 2003
oink oink. i go to school in ithaca and some of the coppers are just plain assholes. one day a pair of them came to visit our house because they knew some of my fraternity brothers. first of all, it sickened me to my stomach to see the 2 brothers they knew sucking up to the police. then i hear some sh1t like this from the cops: oh we figured that this is mainly a republican house so we were wondering if we can come around next semester, sit down and have a drink or 2. i was like wtf? now i consider myself a republican as well, but the whole thing just sounded so wrong

doja1

Nov 11, 2004
Some one should do a search of all crimes the NOPD have committed and come back and tell us what horrble things you find.. They murder rape beat set fires to homes and countless other things. We had a huge FBI building built that came with allot of FBI agents just to control the NOPD. I know I helped repair it a few years back. If I could I?d get all the construction workers to come here and tell ATOT how rude most the FBI agents and cops where to us, some would be shocked others wouldn't be surprised at all. I have been arrested 3 times for nothing gone before the judge and all 3 times he said I was arrested for nothing and dropped the charges. I was also arrested once for dui when I was 20 blew a .028 the limit is .09 for people over 21 and .02 for people under. The cops where total aholes tightening my cuffs way to tight pushing me into the cop car so I fell over on my side in the back seat. O yeah all charges where dropped because I was 2 weeks away fro 21 when I was arrest and I was 21 during court. I also worked in the municipal court house and have watched half the people get off because cops arrested these people for nothing. Ever asked a cop directions and they just blow you off? He told me he was busy when he was just sitting in his car blocking a street for construction workers. In my experience 90% of the cops I have met where aholes. Some think we owe them respect and they owe us none. I'd don't respect anyone I don't know until they have earned it and most cops haven't they done just the opposite.

That was probably the dumbest post I have ever read. What about black cops? Are they out to get the black folk too?

Some are, and some black cops are racist and are out to get white folks.

When you get thrown in jail over the weekend for trying to flag down a cab. Then you might fill the same way as me.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
400 years of opression by the police. nope, don't think I will ever respect a cop enough to chat with them.

Literati

Golden Member
Jan 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Linux23
400 years of opression by the police. nope, don't think I will ever respect a cop enough to chat with them.

I'm Greek, I should hate Turks for what they did to my people. I'm Christian and we got thrown to the fvcking lions, I'm also part Native American, and we're practically fvcking wiped out. Who was it? Chris Rock? Didn't he ask the question "when was the last time you saw two Indians walking down the street together?"

Sh!t, Native Americans are STILL getting fvcked. RIGHT NOW!

If I was as ignorant as you, I'd never be able to leave my house.

Have fun with that attitude, it'll get you nowhere fast, believe that.

Literati

Golden Member
Jan 13, 2005
As for cops, I've had some good run ins and bad run ins.

I've been disgusted and awestruck.

Overall, it's like anything else in this world.

sxr7171

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2002
Originally posted by: SeaSerpent
I had a nice long chat with a state trooper when he pulled me over and I had been drinking. I passed all the tests, blew less then a 0.08.
So we talked about paintball for about 20 mins then I went on my way.

You're lucky, in some states they can still charge you with DWI/DUI even with less than 0.08. In some of them (like Ohio) you can pretty much count on it.

WildHorse

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2003
A cop burned a hole into the knee of my wetsuit when he dropped a hot ash off a joint he was toking.
I was really pissed because I waited years to get such a good wetsuit.

Lalakai

Golden Member
Nov 30, 1999
for 95% of people here, it would be a great education, for them to spend a shift with an officer in the squad car. Most city and sheriff offices will let civilians go on "ride alongs", and most officers enjoy having company on the patrols. You will learn what it's like to hear the radio traffic, make traffic stops, respond to complaints, and see what it's like to have to approach a group of people that are hostile or drunk or both.

I've seen it from both sides and for the high majority of cops (old British term for "Constables On Patrol"), they are good folks doing a crappy job, with poor pay, and very little appreciation!!

What's that old motto......."walk a mile in your neighbor's shoes, before you criticize...."