ever had your ankle "creak?"

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
its weird, i had sprained it a few weeks ago, it had become fine. but recently i've been walking around a lot and its been hurting again, quite a bit too...

and now since last night it "creaks" when i move it around, right at the joint. thats not a good thing huh?! ;)

poopygood

Apr 14, 2002
I sprained my ankle badly awhile ago, and ever since then i can make it "crack", (just like someone cracking their knuckles), just by moving my foot up and down. no pain or ill effects.

Winchester

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
My ankles and toes all "crack" with little or no effort.

- M4H

It is real annoying when I am at home, my parents hear me get up in the night and my ankles crack, they wake up all pissed and such. (They have excellent hearing for being asleep)

Hubris

Platinum Member
Jul 14, 2001
Well, while my ankle doesn't 'creek' unless I'm swimming in one, once you sprain your ankle, the tendency to creak will be greater.

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
My ankles only crack every once in a while - my mom's are really bad though. You can always hear her come down the stairs cuz of them.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
My ankles and toes all "crack" with little or no effort.

- M4H

Same here. Makes it difficult to sneak around places all ninja-style when every time I take a step my ankle goes "CRACK!"

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Pfft, the question for me is, "what part of Amused's body DOESN'T creak?"

MystikMango

Jan 8, 2004
I sprained my ankle many years ago while working with a heavy bag (martial arts), and I never went to the suggested physical therapy. I didn't think I needed it. My ankle made all sorts of funny noises, but I never bothered to worry about it because it just didn't hurt.

Here we are now some 18yrs later, and I have lost about %40 range of motion. Suggestion: have someone look at it.

RedPickle

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2002
Meh, happens all the time. I don't really think much of it. But if you worried, you can alway see a doctor.

Jan 18, 2001
My sprain from 4 months ago is just now getting back to normal. It had completely twisted out, almost to the point of dislocation.

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Amused
Pfft, the question for me is, "what part of Amused's body DOESN'T creak?"

Ditto that.

*edit* - even as I typed that, I cracked my thumb. Great. :D

Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: poopygood
I sprained my ankle badly awhile ago, and ever since then i can make it "crack", (just like someone cracking their knuckles), just by moving my foot up and down. no pain or ill effects.

Same here.

mandala

Dec 24, 2003
Originally posted by: toolgirl
My ankles only crack every once in a while - my mom's are really bad though. You can always hear her come down the stairs cuz of them.

One of my achilles tendons snaps when I walk down stairs. It's kind of an annoying thing.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Both my ankles crack (pretty loudly too).
Dislocated both at the same time in a high school football game (on stupid astroturf).

So much for my sneeky bastard ninja career...