Ever had a friend pass away from a motorcycle accident?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

przero

Platinum Member
Dec 30, 2000
Yep. Lost a friend in a motorcycle accident about 30 years ago. Still think about him now and again.
Lost a close friend last year in a car wreck, I still look for him @ Home Depot where I used to see him all time!

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
man, sad stories. :(

i wanted to get a bike, but after reading this thread, i don't want to. :(

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Sorry to hear about your friend, but this is way too common for bikers.

Over 30 years, I've had 3 acquaintances get killed on bikes. None were at fault for the accidents, but that's small consolation, eh? Hell, I won't risk driving around in an econobox, let alone a bike!

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
yup...lost a handful of friends in the last 3 years or so. Be careful guys!

-=bmacd=-

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
No, but I know someone who's been in a wheelchair longer than I've been alive.

He was drinking with friends, he & another guy went for more beer. He was on the back of the bike & ended up wrapped around a tree. The driver walked away.

Viper GTS

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
A buddy i used to ride with lost his brother last year on the first ride of the season. Kid came to a gentle left turn in the road and just kept going straight. He had ridden for about 8 years and was one of the safest and sanest riders I've ever known. But for whatever reason he didn't turn.

A lot of the guys I ride with are superstitious. Quite a few of them have these little bells hanging from their bikes, either on the frame or handlebars, etc. They say the bells keep away "road gremlins" and chase the evil spirits away that look to do harm when you're riding. I haven't gotten my bell yet, but I might this year. Every little bit helps, right?

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: apac
My uncle works in the ER and he decided to stop riding motorcycles after seeing horrendous crashes every day.

my older son, who worked in an ER for years, calls motorcycle riders "organ donors,"
and has lots of gruesome stories to back it up.