Ever had a DUI ? How much for insurance ?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Only a sucker actually takes a DUI rap.

I've never been caught driving under the influence, but my brother has numerous times, and my family's attorney got him out of it every time.

If you're convicted, it'll ruin your life.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
So, are you saying you think it's fine to drink and drive as long as you don't get caught? :confused:

state 08

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2005
I've seen attorney's in court get people who were Drivin under the influence get of quite easy. Try tellin your "friend" to get a lawyer.

masterxfob

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Originally posted by: Nebor
So poor people are suckers?

yeah, how many people actually have lawyers? or even family lawyers? isn't that like a rich kid thing?

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: tweakmm
So poor people are suckers?

From what I've heard from my buddy that got busted for DUI, the lawyer is far cheaper than having to get High Risk insurance until your record is clean.

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
Don't cancel your insurance and they might not find out.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999

I've never been caught driving under the influence, but my brother has numerous times, and my family's attorney got him out of it every time.

:roll: Hardly - you'll have higher insurance for 6-10 years. Not exactly a "life-ruiner."

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger

:roll: Hardly - you'll have higher insurance for 6-10 years. Not exactly a "life-ruiner."

yea going on your record and hiring companies checking background nowadays doesn't ruin your life :roll::roll:

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: JS80

yea going on your record and hiring companies checking background nowadays doesn't ruin your life :roll::roll:

People experience far worse daily. I'd rather get a DUI then have my legs blown off or catch HIV.

TG2

Banned
Nov 14, 2005
My insurance never went up when I got a DWI, I didnt get a lawyer either, first offense (unless there was an accident or damage or something) usually ends up with the accelerated rehab (alcohol classes) and then the criminal part is nollied.
The DMV part of the 1st offense is 120 day license suspension (here in CT)

the classes cost $595, plus $35 court costs, plus $100 to reinstate the license after the suspension, $5 for the shipping to get the money to the DMV fast.
One thing I remember from class (probably the only thing I remember from it, since it was Monday AM 830-1000) is if you ever get pulled over again after drinking, refuse to take the roadside test, that results in an automatic 6 month license suspension (the DMV part of the offense), but if you dont take the test, there is no proof you were drinking and the criminal part cannot be proven and is dropped.

If you take a test, and fail, you get a 6 month license suspension AND they have proof you were drinking for the courts to use against you.

After I got my DWI, I kept my insurance current, payed the bill in full when it came each renewal, didnt do anything unusual like raise/lower coverage or add a fast/fancy car, which could cause them to pull an MVR on you and find the DUI/DWI.
Insurance companies dont pull an MVR on each person, at each renewal, that would cost them too much, so there is a chance you can slide by without paying higher insurance prices.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999

Uh.. I have a DWI, a job with one of the Top 5 DoD contractors, and higher security clearances than 99.4% of the employees around the world.

So you can feel free to take your ":roll: s" and shove them where the sun doesn't shine, Nancy-boy. :lips:

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

Uh.. I have a DWI, a job with one of the Top 5 DoD contractors, and higher security clearances than 99.4% of the employees around the world.

So you can feel free to take your ":roll: s" and shove them where the sun doesn't shine, Nancy-boy. :lips:

I feel an e-penis face smacking going on.

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006

Usually a first offence DWI/DUI is a misdemeanor, at it's most strong conviction level . It's not going to ruin your life. Snap back to reality and realize not everyone needs a security clearance to get a job. Vast majority of companies don't care about criminal records unless it's a felony. There are so many dui and dwi convictions each year and I don't see everyone's lives going down the tubes. Stick to talking about something you know about.

Why don't you call your... er your "friends" insurance agency and present them with a hyopthetical sitaution.

First offense DUI is usually never convicted as a misdemeanor, dropped down to a conditional waiver, costs a lot of time in classes and money. Subsequent offenses is when they start to get you, but even then so many people are repeat offenders and still end up walking with a slap on the wrist.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: RichardE

LOL. I just feel that, if you are gonna talk smack about sh1t on an internet forum with all the conviction of a Sunday morning Baptist preacher, you should at least have a fvcking clue about what the hell you're talking about, instead of pulling stupid sh1t out of you ass and spreading it like the gospel.

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006

LOL. I just feel that, if you are gonna talk smack about sh1t on an internet forum with all the conviction of a Sunday morning Baptist preacher, you should at least have a fvcking clue about what the hell you're talking about, instead of pulling stupid sh1t out of you ass and spreading it like the gospel.
Don't worry, JS80 does that in every thread.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001

Yah...I'm getting hard from jsut listening to his percentiles..:heart:

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
i hate people who get away with multiple DUIs. might as well give them a license to drive their drunk ass into a school bus full of kids while you're at it.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
in CA, they estimate the total cost of your average DUI to be around $10K, once you figure in lost wages, fines, insurance, etc.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: SampSon

Usually a first offence DWI/DUI is a misdemeanor, at it's most strong conviction level . It's not going to ruin your life. Snap back to reality and realize not everyone needs a security clearance to get a job. Vast majority of companies don't care about criminal records unless it's a felony. There are so many dui and dwi convictions each year and I don't see everyone's lives going down the tubes. Stick to talking about something you know about.

Why don't you call your... er your "friends" insurance agency and present them with a hyopthetical sitaution.

First offense DUI is usually never convicted as a misdemeanor, dropped down to a conditional waiver, costs a lot of time in classes and money. Subsequent offenses is when they start to get you, but even then so many people are repeat offenders and still end up walking with a slap on the wrist.

I would imagine a job where you do a lot of driving or driving is critical to your job, a background check that comes positive for DUI has negative points toward your getting a job. :roll::roll::roll: