Ever go back and watch a TV show you used to like...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PepePeru

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2005
I havent went back and watched them, but I'm sure they will qualify.

Heathcliff
Inspector Gadget
The Real Ghostbusters

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Originally posted by: G Wizard
I havent went back and watched them, but I'm sure they will qualify.

Heathcliff
Inspector Gadget
The Real Ghostbusters

Gadget is on Hulu.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Originally posted by: Nik
Originally posted by: A Casual Fitz
Originally posted by: xSauronx
highlander and home improvement come to mind, used to love them both but i cant stand to watch either of them now.

Fuck that, Hghlander still rules.

The TV shows sucked balls. The movies were great. The cartoon was surprisingly dark for a kid's cartoon, but still on the fence about it.

Sorry, but the TV show was great (especially after the second season or so).

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
I went back and watched series 1 Transformers. I watched that show back when I was 5 or 6 and loved it. Now it looks really lame.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Miami Vice. The cars, the boats, the women, the soundtracks, thought it was great when I was in High School. I can't make it through an episode now.

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Just re-watched the first few ALF on hulu and it does hold-up pretty well.

Three's Company, can't watch anymore.
21 Jump Street. Liked it as a teen, not so much anymore.
Most all 70's sitcoms, Mary Tyler Moore era.
I used to REALLY like WKRP also. Don't know how well I could sit through it nowadays.

MAKENITO

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2009
Apologies if these have already been mentioned:

1) Full House
2) Golden Girls
3) Family Matters
4) Fresh Prince
5) SailorMoon
6) Samurai Pizza Cats

KingGheedora

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
Hercules with kevin sorbo was awesome. I'm reluctant to ever watch it asan adult for fear of destroyig the memory i have of the show. i was lame in middle school and high school, and watching hercules and xena alone every saturday night became a ritual for me.

MAKENITO

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2009
Originally posted by: KingGheedora
Hercules with kevin sorbo was awesome. I'm reluctant to ever watch it asan adult for fear of destroyig the memory i have of the show. i was lame in middle school and high school, and watching hercules and xena alone every saturday night became a ritual for me.

Ahhhh I cant believe I forgot XENA!!!!

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
Captain Planet. What a damn hippy program. I'd like to shove those rings right up his ass

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Jadow
Greatest American Hero and Airwolf

/Thread

to be honest, all of these, including Knight Rider, etc. I tried re-watching but it was so crappy. I love them in my memories though.

ryan256

Platinum Member
Jul 22, 2005
Originally posted by: guyver01
Witchblade.

Was a decent show when it aired.. now? not so much

Met Yancy Butler at Dragoncon last year. Very cool woman.

Me? I like watching the A-Team.

CountZero

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2001
Funny you should say that. I noticed one of my all time favorite shows from when I was kid was available (Count Duckula) and ended up deciding against getting it because I was fairly sure it would just not appeal to me at all anymore. On the one hand I'd like to see it again but on the other I don't want to taint the memories of so thoroughly enjoying it.

PKPunk

Feb 26, 2001
I got DVD of the The State, a sketch comedy show on MTV, and it was not as funny as I remembered it. It was still OK but I remembered it being a lot better.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Buck Rogers with Gil Gerard. What the hell the show seemed so cool when I was younger.