Ever get into a fight with a friend without even expecting it in the least bit?

Bling Bling

Banned
Dec 16, 1999
Just tonight, i was talking to a friend, and being the highly sarcastic person i am, i started to make fun of her music tastes *all in good humor*. Then this friend turned the obvious joke into something serious and started bitching/fighting with my by bringing up serious, personal stuff. The "conversation" ended with the friend seriously questioning why we even talk to each other.

I know I can get pretty annoying when i want to, but in no way was i looking to start something. I takes quite a lot to make me seriously angry, and during this fight, i got really angry and could have ended the friendship permanently. But i decided not to. Some days this friend will never get annoyed despite what anyone says, but on other days, like today, anything i happen to say will have a massive negative effect. i think it may only be me who pisses off this person in such a manner. It's some crazy shiat.

Anything similar ever happen to you folks (i'm sure it has)?

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Yea, at some point everyone pushes the wrong buttons. Or that person was in a lousy mood and you were the proverbial straw. If you value the friendship apologize and try to learn a lesson from this. Good friends are hard to come by. Good luck.

Bling Bling

Banned
Dec 16, 1999
TRP: yeah i definitely pushed the wrong buttons today. but the thing is, this has happened before with this very person, and it all got fixed when i apologized. i am almost certain that this is just another one of those mood swings.

but the thing that really makes me think is that i think this friend has a crush on me (yes, she's a girl). and i don't see her in the same way. she hasn't admitted this though, but i'm almost she has some feelings for me. we always talk and have fun and what not, but every now and then i think she gets really pissed that i'm not after her or something. i think today was just another episode of this same old stuff.

my life is full of crazy ish.

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
Never imply that a girl is a) a b!tch, b) is good at b!tching (about things), c) b!tches a lot.

My tongue slipped, I was in a bad mood, some stuff was said. End of story.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Using the infamous "c" word that rhymes with "hunt" doesn't go over very well.

I saw some poor bastard call a girl that...needless to say she was picking skin out from her nails for the next week :eek:

Namuna

Platinum Member
Jun 20, 2000
Correct me if I'm wrong...

You're friends with this girl and like being so. You know she's likely got a 'thing' for you.

So you probably use that sharp edged sarcasm on her just enough to keep her a friend but at the same time you might jab her with it once in awhile, just enough to keep her that comfortable distance for you.

Be a little different sometime and point out how you really like her 'as a friend'. She'll get the idea and you won't have to STAB her with your sarcasm anymore.

Bling Bling

Banned
Dec 16, 1999
See, i have told her that. She knows it too. It's just every now and then she decides to go all bezerk on me. I don't use the sarcasm or anything to keep her at a distance. She doesn't "approach" me in that way. If i am correct about her having feelings for me, i think that she's expecting/wanting me to make a move, but i haven't. and sometimes it gets to her. like today. again, this is all if my hunch is a valid one.

Pretender: i don't tell her she was bitching or being a bitch. I didn't curse at her at all. It was more of the opposite. I don't want to think about the details of the argument, but it all boiled down her insulting me deeply by attacking my private life/personality (which only she and a few other close friends know about). i implied that something's up with her and/or she has some issues, which further pissed her off a lot. she ended it all with "why the fvck do i even talk you?!?!?" and left.

since this sort of thing has happened before, i'm pretty sure something else is bothering her, and my part in her life just adds to it all. hence she is pissed at me, because if i were hers, she'd be happy. but it's a tad more complicated than that.

anyway, that's my interpretation of this whole thing.

Bling Bling

Banned
Dec 16, 1999
Stark: i know for a fact it's not pms.

Namuna: it probably sounds like she's really piece of work, but i really like her and she really is important to me. Just because i don't want to hook up with her, doesn't mean i should dismiss her entirely (i know that's not what you're implying, but i kinda feel like sayin it anyway ;)). She is a nice person, even though she does some really stupid stuff occassionally, which pisses me off, but we get along really well 99% of the time, and i want to remain friends with her. However, if she doesn't want to, then i guess there's only one solution, because i don't want the pain and hassle of constantly taking someone else's crap. i've seen enough of my friends do it, and i don't want to fall victim to the same thing.

if you're wondering why i don't hook up with her even though she means quite a bit to me, the answer is i don't like a lot of the things she does in her "spare time." i've tried to get her to stop, but he doesn't really listen, so i don't try anymore because she and i both know that it won't make a difference. besides, her idea of a relationship is totally different from mine. basically if we were to hook up, it would be really awkward....and kind of a joke type thing. i just don't see it happening.

how come it's always that the chick who **just might happen** to like you is the one you don't want to be with? :(:confused::(

i don't understand women.....actually i do, to a significant degree (definitely not completely!).

oh well....back to friggin homework....

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(