Ever catch yourself saying goofy computer terms in regular public?

GooberPHX420

Banned
Jan 13, 2002
Heh, anyone ever catch themselves saying, or choose to say words like LEET, HAXORED and all those others? Heh Im so lame, me and a few of my IRC friends and friends from school actually say LOWELL <~~Sounds like LOL should sound. And we've actually begun to say STUH-FU! Like you know, STFU. Haha we have a few other "normal" kids at school saying LEET now..muahaah us losers are taking over the world ;)

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Some of my friends say elo-el. *LOL

Dang losers... We don't get as goofy as you, goober, but sometimes we're in a group and a couple of us will start talking computers and totally drown out everyone else. We try not to do that because the girls make us pay later... Like going into the Victoria's Secret and staying in there while we all wait outside. Then they got us in trouble because I forgot to get my parking validated at J.Crew and had to walk in and my buddies took out a digital camera and took a picture of me walking out with my J. Crew bag. They then promptly photoshopped a victoria's secret bag into my hand later that night and posted it on the web... :(

EDIT: Oh yea, the a worker came out and told us we weren't allowed to take pictures of the store... Made us feel like we were perverts... snicker snicker

EDIT2: Later when the girls came out, they told us the worker said that there was once a guy that kept on taking pictures of the store. They told him to leave, but he went across the arches and stuff to the other side of the mall and kept taking pictures. They laughed good when they handed me back my parking slip...

Stiler

Banned
Nov 21, 2001
for some reason now i keep wanting to say lol in public, i was talking on the phone the other day to one of my teachers and after he said something and laughed i said lol out loud to him and it was like complete silence, then i just said "yep ok, cya"

GooberPHX420

Banned
Jan 13, 2002
LOl Kelv, thanks for bashing me *gently* :)

VICTORIAS SECRET BOY! muahahah

lol stiler thats cool man, it catches on I tell ya! I have probably half my ceramics (yep, pottery!) class saying leet..lol

occasionally I hear "Man I fuxored my pot..." <~~;lol

GooberPHX420

Banned
Jan 13, 2002
yeah i forgot about owned, me and my friends say that all the time. Its becoming pretty common I think..

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: GooberPHX420
yeah i forgot about owned, me and my friends say that all the time. Its becoming pretty common I think..

I say it all the time now! :D And lol, and nef...

pillage2001

Lifer
Sep 18, 2000
You mean, 0wned is a goofy computer term?? I've been using it all along in public. No wonder nobody understands me! :(

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Hell, I've used the word NEF in conversation, and I get that "huh" look :eek::)

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
I said something was "Uber-" today at the library...I felt like a total dork...

but then I covered it up by saying "Danke schon," and then "Tschus" so I just made it look like I was a random guy who spoke German sometimes...which is decidedly less gay than an internet geek :)

bizmark

Banned
Feb 4, 2002
I say it all the time now! :D) And lol, and nef...

Originally posted by: Zim Hosein

How does "nef" fit into general conversation? When somebody's just talking to fill up dead silence? :confused:

I said something was "Uber-" today at the library...I felt like a total dork...

"&Uuml;ber" is fairly commonly used (esp. among 'academic' crowds), and has been for a long time. ""&uuml;ber-spicy", "&uuml;ber-smart", "&uuml;ber-cool", whatever. I've heard old people say it - it's definitely is not 'new internet slang', although it probably gets more usage among the internet crowd :cool:

dude

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 1999
Dudes, get a life! :p

I heard this a few times. I thought those people were weird to all hell...!

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
I'm happy to say that I can still keep RL and Internet fairly well seperated.

Considering that I was used to using terms like 'bog', 'nyg that', 'woot!', 'jig', 'OMG!' and intelligent sounding terms like 'wibble' online, I'm glad I haven't started using that IRL ;)

Only terms I have started to use more IRL since being online are 'fear'/'feared!' and 'rock'/'rock that!'. Using acronyms IRL is fgay (meant in a negative, but non sexual way), especially when you don't even say the full line it stands for but just the letters.

krystalogik

Dec 6, 2001
Fellow AT'ers, I have a confession to make.

I actually said "w0ot!" at STAR WARS tonight....
you people who've seen it know when i was talking about....

help... me.... please...

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: bizmark

How does "nef" fit into general conversation? When somebody's just talking to fill up dead silence? :confused:

bizmark, the word "NEF," works into conversation when "follow the bouncing ball" you are discussing a topic w/ friends/co-workers and someone says something completely off-topic, know the feeling
rolleye.gif

bizmark

Banned
Feb 4, 2002

bizmark, the word "NEF," works into conversation when "follow the bouncing ball" you are discussing a topic w/ friends/co-workers and someone says something completely off-topic, know the feeling
rolleye.gif

LOL. But a nef isn't always off-topic -- it's just a short post to up one's post-count. There is no 'speech-count', thank God!! :)

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999

rolleye.gif

LOL. But a nef isn't always off-topic -- it's just a short post to up one's post-count. There is no 'speech-count', thank God!! :)

No, not always bizmark, but a "NEF" can never be completely explained :D