Ever been taken advantage of by the opposite sex?

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
I got used... ONCE. I never let it happen again.

I worked at Circuit City when I was about 20, and in walks this girl I went to high school with. We were good friends back in the day, and there had always been a little chemistry between us. Anyway, she starts dropping by every day while I'm working and we talk about everything. On the fourth or fifth day, she mentions that she wants a new car stereo. Stupid me blurts out "hey, no prob... I can get that for you at cost". So we get her the stereo at cost (almost 40% off the shelf price AND free installation), talk a little more while it gets installed (which we did after the store closed... I was good friends with the guys in the garage).

Then she disappears off the fscking planet.

Two days after she got the gear, my buddies and I were throwing a huge party on campus. I called her several times, left messages, etc., and got no response. I was pretty pissed and it was obvious I had been used.

I didn't have any real emotional attachment to her personally. What pissed me off was that I let myself get used like that. It should have been so obvious that she was just angling for the stereo, but I was so quick to try to please her with the news of the discount that I never bothered to stop for 2 seconds to think about what was going on. More than anything, I was just pissed that I looked like such an idiot.

So anyway, about 3 months later she walks back into the store. I ignored her as best I could, but she finally cornered me and started talking to me like nothing happened. I tried to be polite and friendly, and we carried on a descent conversation. About 30 minutes into said conversation, she drops this little bomb:

Her: "Man, I really need a new TV... while we talk, how about you show me around so I can see what's out there..."

Me: "Fsck you. Get the fsck out of here."

She stared at me with these huge Southpark eyes and left. I never heard from her again.

There have been other times when my Bottomfeeder Alarm went off, but I never let it go far enough to have an actual story to tell. I got sucked into the events above because I was somewhat vulnerable (fiancee had just broke it all off with me a couple weeks earlier), and she was someone I had been attracted to previously.

Oh well... live and learn. At least I have a descent story to tell ;) .

Jan 31, 2002
Rebound relationship - I was 16, she was 19.

However, it was her rebound, I was perfectly aware that she was using me, and I enjoyed every minute of it. ;)

- M4H

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Maybe you could've gotten some free head in exchange for a discount. And then disappeared... hehe

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: jbourne77
I got used... ONCE. I never let it happen again.

I worked at Circuit City when I was about 20, and in walks this girl I went to high school with. We were good friends back in the day, and there had always been a little chemistry between us. Anyway, she starts dropping by every day while I'm working and we talk about everything. On the fourth or fifth day, she mentions that she wants a new car stereo. Stupid me blurts out "hey, no prob... I can get that for you at cost". So we get her the stereo at cost (almost 40% off the shelf price AND free installation), talk a little more while it gets installed (which we did after the store closed... I was good friends with the guys in the garage).

Then she disappears off the fscking planet.

Two days after she got the gear, my buddies and I were throwing a huge party on campus. I called her several times, left messages, etc., and got no response. I was pretty pissed and it was obvious I had been used.

I didn't have any real emotional attachment to her personally. What pissed me off was that I let myself get used like that. It should have been so obvious that she was just angling for the stereo, but I was so quick to try to please her with the news of the discount that I never bothered to stop for 2 seconds to think about what was going on. More than anything, I was just pissed that I looked like such an idiot.

So anyway, about 3 months later she walks back into the store. I ignored her as best I could, but she finally cornered me and started talking to me like nothing happened. I tried to be polite and friendly, and we carried on a descent conversation. About 30 minutes into said conversation, she drops this little bomb:

Her: "Man, I really need a new TV... while we talk, how about you show me around so I can see what's out there..."

Me: "Fsck you. Get the fsck out of here."

She stared at me with these huge Southpark eyes and left. I never heard from her again.

There have been other times when my Bottomfeeder Alarm went off, but I never let it go far enough to have an actual story to tell. I got sucked into the events above because I was somewhat vulnerable (fiancee had just broke it all off with me a couple weeks earlier), and she was someone I had been attracted to previously.

Oh well... live and learn. At least I have a descent story to tell ;) .

so one of you went down on the other?

Nerva

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
yes, by someone who's supposedly my friend. we don't really talk anymore

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
You should've showed her some TVs and let her choose one. Then when she expects to have a discount and (possibly) free delivery (depending on what type of TV and what she "rolls" in), you ring it up normally and drop the price bomb on her.

When she says, "That sounds awefully expensive, are you suuuuuuure that's right?" *bats eyelashes and licks lips*

You go over, look at the little piece of paper with the price and junk on it and go, "Yep, says right here. Cash or credit?"

leftyman

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: leftyman

try to be descent, will you

i'm not going down without a fight

thats not what I heard ;)

well, that depends on several factors.

care to list them in descending order?

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
I got laid for the answers to some chemistry problems once...

I feel so used...

oh wait...did I just say that?

faenix

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2003

try to be descent, will you

i'm not going down without a fight

thats not what I heard ;)

well, that depends on several factors.

care to list them in descending order?

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

Mellman

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2003
Originally posted by: Aikouka
You should've showed her some TVs and let her choose one. Then when she expects to have a discount and (possibly) free delivery (depending on what type of TV and what she "rolls" in), you ring it up normally and drop the price bomb on her.

When she says, "That sounds awefully expensive, are you suuuuuuure that's right?" *bats eyelashes and licks lips*

You go over, look at the little piece of paper with the price and junk on it and go, "Yep, says right here. Cash or credit?"

thats what i would've done

NuAlphaMan

Aug 30, 2006
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Rebound relationship - I was 16, she was 19.

However, it was her rebound, I was perfectly aware that she was using me, and I enjoyed every minute of it. ;)

- M4H

:laugh:

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Aikouka

Awesome idea, but I was thinking clearly at the time. My blood hit flashpoint when she said the word "TV". It was one of those "I'm so pissed I'm seeing stars" moments. My manager (great guy, btw) told me I sounded like Joe Pesci in Goodfellas.

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
I had this girlfriend about 3 and a half years ago.. we'd been going out for a year and a half, but I started to notice she'd do anything for attention, which made her pretty lethal.

Anyhow, for her birthday I bought her a cell phone, was paying the monthly bills and a custom made teddy bear.

Anyhow, my buddy dropped them off to her place since I was outta the province, a guy had his fingers in her cooch.

Man, talk about feeling used.

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
I remember one incident regarding a girl outside of Dave & Busters. Her story was that she arrived late and some of her friends are already inside and another friend who was suppose to meet up with her wasn't come. Since she was underage she needed this friend to get her in. She asked if she could get in with me. She was kind of cute so I said what the heck, why not. We get inside and I buy her a drink and she stays with me for about 10-15 minutes. When she saw her friends the last thing I heard was "Hey I gotta go. Thanks for the drink and nice knowing you." Saw her again later that night and it was as if I didn't even exist.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
In high school there was a girl I spent a lot of time with, I was really interested in her but she didn't like me in that way. I kind of knew that, but hoped I could change her mind. Meh. That was stupid. So I spent a lot of time with her and it went nowhere. At least I didn't blow a lot of money on her, because I didn't have money to blow. I continued to talk to her in college until she met a guy who I later found out knew about me and encouraged her to cut off contact. Which in the end was really good for me, because around the time I stopped talking to her I met the girl who would later become my wife.

Fast-forward 6 or 7 years - she married that guy, and I married my wife. She's getting divorced now, and she's an alcoholic. I may be an alcoholic, but at least I'm happily married. ;)