Event Horizon??

EnragedPC

Banned
Jul 27, 2000
I just watched this movie and had a question.. was that doctor the killer from the start or did the ship possess him? it would of had to possess him because he wasnt on the first ship where the people were killed right?

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
I think the doctor knew where the ship was going to be going, and his plan all along was to be possessed.

Dually

Golden Member
Dec 20, 2000

<< I think the doctor knew where the ship was going to be going, and his plan all along was to be possessed. >>

yup

yasha

Banned
Jun 11, 2001
I think the ship took over the doctor because it was his child. He's the one that created it and would have the strongest feeling towards it. The ship played on that like it did with everyone's thoughts.

Mrburns2007

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2001
Yes he knew the ship warped space but it supposely went through hell (the real hell that is) as well. Then he got sucked in and became evil.

The movie was slightly amusing and gross.

yasha

Banned
Jun 11, 2001
I think it was one of the better sci-fi flicks in a while. I like how they didn't make all the technology look ultra high-tech. It was kind of funny how they allowed smoking with such a limited air supply and so far away from home to have any to spare :)

EnragedPC

Banned
Jul 27, 2000
so it was like when it went through the hole it went to actual hell?? did the doctor make that space travel thing cause he knew it would go to hell and he knew his wife was there?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I think that basically the doctor was not evil, but he was unwilling to leave his creation. Basically the ship was evil because it went through the dimension of pure evil. I don't think the doctor knew about the other dimension. And the doctor was possessed later, but before that he was just kinda insane. you might say eccentric.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
The ship ended up going to hell, yep...and yep, the doctor is the one who helped develop the gravity engine thingamajigger. I doubt he knew that the ship would end up in hell, though.

As for his wife...that was the ship's way of enticing him, or getting him to break down. I guess the ship figured it needed at least one human to keep the others trapped on board somehow, and it decided that the doc was the most likely candidate. Thus, it sent him images of his wife, and used them to drive him insane, and make him all evil-like and stuff.

And no, he wasn't on board with the first crew of the ship. They all ended up dying, it seems.

EvanFerguson

Banned
May 14, 2001
can someone give me a jist of the movie or a link to it?

I don't want to watch it but I wanna know what happened........ sounds interesting

Darein

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 2000
That is one of the very few movies that I actually found truely scary. The first time I saw it I was scared sh!tless :Q