• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Even though there is no place for science in this forum, the 99% got the 1% right

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComradeBeck

Jun 16, 2011
But...but.....the broke guys on welfare on the corner run the system!! The liberals/commies/anti-capitalists are in it together with drug addicts and layabouts!

*ignore those 100 something lobbyists per representative the corporations have in DC lobbying for their interests EVERY DAMN day.

Nope, it MUST be those poor people wanting handouts and their "mob rule" Democracy corrupting the government and industry! (you know, the Americans being beaten by cops on the streets and thrown into prison)

Cuz you know..working people have soooo much representation and power in the government to do any of this.

Conservative ideology is hilarious when you toss a little holy water of reality on it.

Last edited:

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Please explain to me how did the 99% get it right when 99% of the 99% don't have the slightest clue about what you're talking about?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
I didn't look at the whole thing but it seems like a bunch of bunk. It listed a bunch of asset management firms, all of which administer/manage/invest shares for 401ks, pensions, private wealth management...etc. They don't control the companies at all, other than potentially proxy voting.

Seems like a silly analysis that doesn't take reality into account. Rather, they are taking a 40k foot view approach to say that everything is controlled. Stupid.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Take a controversial study with plenty of criticism (according to the article) and debatable views on its results

One thing won't chime with some of the protesters' claims: the super-entity is unlikely to be the intentional result of a conspiracy to rule the world. "Such structures are common in nature," says Sugihara.

....then run with it to push out a Marxist view of condemnation against the capitalist system that has brought the standard of living up for so many people around the world.

Gotcha!

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
Take a controversial study with plenty of criticism (according to the article) and debatable views on its results

....then run with it to push out a Marxist view of condemnation.

Gotcha!
Is that all you got? Sounds desperate....but but teh marxists!!!

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004

....then run with it to push out a Marxist view of condemnation against the capitalist system that has brought the standard of living up for so many people around the world.

Gotcha!
Moonbeam is living in a world of self-hate that none of us share, despite his repeated claims otherwise. Would we expect anything less?

Investors don't have the control that the "study" wants to imply they do. Occupy Wall Street in my view still is about demanding other people take care of them.

Last edited:

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Is that all you got? Sounds desperate....but but teh marxists!!!
Besides clinging to this article like a security blanket for your own personal views (hint: even the controversial study cites that its conclusions are neither good or bad) what do YOU have at the end of the day? Nothing really when you think about it.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Besides clinging to this article like a security blanket for your own personal views (hint: even the controversial study cites that its conclusions are neither good or bad) what do YOU have at the end of the day? Nothing really when you think about it.
Teh MARXISTS !!!!

LOL

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Moonbeam is living in a world of self-hate that none of us share, despite his repeated claims otherwise. Would we expect anything less?

Investors don't have the control that the "study" wants to imply they do. Occupy Wall Street in my view still is about demanding other people take care of them.
What makes you such a compete moron. Let me guess it's your self hate which you can't leave behind for even a second. This thread has nothing to do with self hate except for your own which you had to drag into it, denying the obvious to make it obvious you hate yourself just as I said. You see my name on a thread and your self hate comes right up and leaks out of your ass on everything.

What a pity you can't do better with your poo poo than a two year old who hasn't yet learned not to shit all over itself.

I know your lonely and insecure in your beliefs, why wouldn't you be hating yourself as you do, but really, asking for support on this off topic comment from others is just so so emotionally weak. I know people hate themselves and I say so without any need that anybody believe what I say because I don't need support. I know what is true and that's enough for me.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I didn't look at the whole thing but it seems like a bunch of bunk. It listed a bunch of asset management firms, all of which administer/manage/invest shares for 401ks, pensions, private wealth management...etc. They don't control the companies at all, other than potentially proxy voting.

Seems like a silly analysis that doesn't take reality into account. Rather, they are taking a 40k foot view approach to say that everything is controlled. Stupid.
I value your opinion but I read disproportionate power which I'm not sure is the same as control. It also seems that investing in something creates strength in what is invested in. Without investments it's harder, I would assume, for a company to grow to enormous size. Anyway, be interested to hear what you say if you look into this deeper.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Where does this attack the messenger in Moonbeam come from?

The real message comes from his linked in URL and its fairly scientific article on concentrated power being interlink.

And as I read it, its somewhat comes down to the question if that kind of underlying greed is socially good or not to a healthy self perpetuating system.

And if we want to extend that question even further, we should maybe look to Darwin and say all life, be it plant or animal is based on extending the survival of a species rather than the survival of any given individual. Because individuals always have limited lifespans. Regardless if that individual life span can be measured in averages of a hour
or up to thousands of years in the case of some trees.

We can extend the experiment to a lab in the case of Petri dish and microbes, boil a food medium to kill all per-existing life, take a wire loupe, smear against human skin with its collection of bacteria, quickly uncover the newly cooled human medium , scratch the surface with wire loupe, and cover again. Then watch as the limited number of bacteria multiply as one individual becomes two, then 4, then eight, and so on. And pretty soon, various different individuals and their descends will cover all the surface area of the dish
with plenty of more food still untapped below. But before that can happen, all the accumulated toxins and waste products will make further life impossible as everything in the Petri dish will die. Is that love or hate? Or something else we can learn from?

Maybe we should look to human history instead, as we are supposedly the only product of life that can understand the corrosive results of the infinite perils of the continued concentration of wealth into fewer and fewer given individuals. Because it always precedes the collapse of one given nation in a bloody revolution.

Are we humans smarter than a fifth generation microbe in a Petri dish?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Where does this attack the messenger in Moonbeam come from?
I'm like a running faucet to folk who have to piss real bad. They stick their hands in me and piss all over themselves. It's an autonomic effect created by the uncontrolled leaking out of self hate caused by me poking a hole in their illusions. The stronger the reality alluded to the greater the need to deny and counterattack. It can only occur if the claims I make are true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY