Even CNN is wanting McCain to dump Palin and get a new VP

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Citrix
Palin as VP totally changed this election.
:laugh: I'll say. Our hollywood darlings are going to have do some really outrageous things to get attention now.

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: BMW540I6speedFamily supporting their pregnant teen aged daughter? Good. Father sucking it up and marrying the girl he knocked up, even if he is (and we don't know this one way or the other)? Noble.

Are you certain that the Palin family didn't threaten to have him or his family killed if he didn't offer to get married? There might be more to this than meets the eye. This situation screams "shotgun wedding".

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: Nitemare

It's an opinion piece on the front page of the website. If I'm holding a sign that says "I hate this minority" even though I didn't make it, doesn't that make me a bigot?

I know you said it was on the homepage, but your link is to an opinion page, and it is clearly labeled as an opinion piece. I would not be suprised if it was similarly labeled when it was on their homepage.

Who signs his paychecks?

Who prints his editorials?

Who pimps him out on the front page?

He is a representative of CNN the same way Don Imus represented CBS. He's an attention whore and CNN is giving him the spotlight.

CBS fired Imus because the opinion he expressed was patantly offensive and bigoted, which was echoed throughout the TV industry and beyond. Cafferty is one of a number of opinion authors on CNN, not all of whom agree with him, and regardless of whether you agree with him, his opinion that McShame should dump Palin is reasonable and widely shared. Comparing him to Imus is patent bullshit.

And you still haven't explained your lame attempt to link Cafferty's piece with anything coming from the Obama organization. :roll:

Obama and now Biden had said that family members should be off limits from media scrutiny. CNN says screw you and runs the opinion piece on their front page. What part of that do you not get?

Imus and Cafferty are both attention whores that get paid to be controversial. CBS paid one and CNN paid the other.

When someone in your employ mouths off and you give him a stage, a mike and introduction you are responsible for the words that come out of his mouth. CBS realized that when Imus said too much. CNN could care less as long as Cafferty doesn't offend minorities.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
Maybe because they will get more ratings out of a close election than they will a landslide?

And where is there anything in that article from the Obama camp regarding her daughter?

there wasn't, but here ya go

Your OP is implying that somehow Obama broke his word and made comments about her daughter. Unless you are thinking that CNN should treat Obama's word like Fox News does GWB's and canonize it.

basically saying that CNN which has a huge liberal bias is basically ignoring Obama's request because they would rather print dirt and have 0 respect for Palin's kids.

I agree with the part that they are ignoring him. But I think that it is because they have a corporate bias...not a liberal bias.

They want ratings. Ratings equal ad revenue. Ad revenue equals big bonuses for management. Sex sells in the wretched National Enquirer era we are living in.

Yup. You hit the nail on the head.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Obama and now Biden had said that family members should be off limits from media scrutiny. CNN says screw you and runs the opinion piece on their front page. What part of that do you not get?

CNN isn't part of Obama's organization or paid by them in any way. What they put on their site is their business.

What part of that do you not get?

Imus and Cafferty are both attention whores that get paid to be controversial. CBS paid one and CNN paid the other.

And they both have followings, which is why they have their jobs. If that weren't the case neither would be paid by their respective employers.

What's your point? :confused:

When someone in your employ mouths off and you give him a stage, a mike and introduction you are responsible for the words that come out of his mouth. CBS realized that when Imus said too much. CNN could care less as long as Cafferty doesn't offend minorities.

Yeah. They leave that to their conservative talking heads like Glen Beck. And if he hadn't died, you'd be hearing commentary from Tony Snow, a more articulate, if no more truthful conservative than Beck.

Imus went off on a tangent of bigotry, and it cost him his job at CBS. Until you can show us where Cafferty has posted bigotry in his opinion pieces, you're blowing smoke and pissing into the wind.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Harvey

CNN isn't part of Obama's organization or paid by them in any way. What they put on their site is their business.

What part of that do you not get?

And they both have followings, which is why they have their jobs. If that weren't the case neither would be paid by their respective employers.

What's your point? :confused:

Yeah. They leave that to their conservative talking heads like Glen Beck. And if he hadn't died, you'd be hearing commentary from Tony Snow, a more articulate, if no more truthful conservative than Beck.

Imus went off on a tangent of bigotry, and it cost him his job at CBS. Until you can show us where Cafferty has posted bigotry in his opinion pieces, you're blowing smoke and pissing into the wind.

"Comparing him to Imus is patent bullshit. "

I never said Cafferty was a bigot, just a controversial attention whore like Imus