Even Al-Qaeda hates Daesh (also known as ISIL/ISIS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Oh man, this is like manna from heaven for the US Government. Have Al Qaeda and ISIS fight each other to the death. Too perfect.

Ventanni

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2011
They have been at war with each other, that's the thing. But ultimately, they both have the same goals. Both groups are trying to "bring about" the end times, at least in accordance to Islamic eschatological teachings.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Hopefully we can work to encourage one group of crazies to fight the other group of crazies, but there's no mistaking the fact that they share the common goals of wanting to destroy anyone who doesn't believe in their brand of crazy.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
do you have anything to add? You're not supposed to link dump on P&N.

I found it humorous that even an organization of bad repute is hating on Daesh.

However, rumor has it that Nusra is declaring itself disassociated from Al Qaeda probably because it's becoming a liability to be connected to a group that is on everybody's terror list. Nusra is going to try to be "Daesh Lite" with similar but less extreme goals. I think they can get away with it for a while because they are a major anti-Assad force, and many countries are anti-Assad and willing to look the other way at its abuses, so long as it's fighting Assad.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Speaking of ISIS, what incredible consistent publicity our media constantly gives them.
ISIS could not buy better publicity if they hired the very best N.Y. advertising firm money could buy.
The media, yes our very own news media, gives ISIS all the built up, publicity, legitimacy that ISIS needs every day.
Each day, every day, day in and day out, ISIS ISIS ISIS.

It's about time ISIS was given the credit due.
I.e.
THIS IS THE NBC NIGHTLY NEWS, BROUGHT TO YOU BY EXXON, TACO BELL, AND ISIS.
GOOD EVENING. THERE WAS NO OTHER NEWS TODAY, SO LETS GET RIGHT TO WHAT ISIS IS UP TO.
(queue the stock video)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Al Quaeda opposes attacks on other Muslims whereas Isil wants to wipe out all who are not Isil type Muslim believers.

Status
Not open for further replies.