Gandalf511

Oct 13, 2000
What would you do while visiting London, Paris and Madrid? i've thought of the obvious things in London and Paris and haven't come up with much in Madrid. Anyone been to Europe and want to share favorite memories?

RossGr

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2000
My favorites were Palma Spain and Athens. We used to Sangria hop in Palma, going from bar to bar looking for the best Sangria. After the first couple it was all good.

I was in Piza Italy when the Leaning Tower was still open. That was bizare, climbing up the spiral stairs inside the tower, an inch deep path worn in the stone that first was in the middle then you found yourself walking on the outside wall, across the middle to the inside wall, way weird. We stepped out onto one of middle floors the lower side was scary, nothing between you and the ground except a slick floor and a flimy rail. We went to the high side, and got higher.

I will never forget my first sight of the Parthenon from the street of Athens. I wonder if the old town at the foot of the ackropolis has chnged?

Each City has it's own smells (not all pleasent ;) and sights. That way in '72 and '73 so I suppose that a lot has changed.

JohnnyKnoxville

Platinum Member
Feb 24, 2001
Stepping off the plane in Germany and seeing all the cops with machine guns saying to myself
"well Toto looks like we're not in Kansas anymore"

typersakimoto

Banned
Mar 15, 2001
i would go to madrid only to drink absinthe........ 155 proof..... wanna die? try it oh yeah it is illegal everywhere but spain i think.....