Europe and Muslims

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nCred

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2003
What´s so hard to understand here? In most European countries the left wing supports the palestinans and right supports Israel more. Take a guess which way the people who say they hate muslims lean.. You know it´s very rare to support Palestina and at the same time hate muslims, right?
BTW just because Europe don´t agree with eveything Israel does like the US, dosent make Europe pro-palestinian and anti-Israeli.

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Originally posted by: CanOWorms
Illegal Latin Americans in my state are causing problems by overloading our health care system. In other states, they run drugs, form street gangs, and live off government money. There are also many other 'welfare' cultures in America that involve other groups like African Americans.

Here's a better question; why are we discussing European issues when we have a million issues to deal with in our own country? Are Muslims just a hot topic right now? Or maybe we're discussing European Muslims because all the ones in the States are doctors and engineers.

What a silly question. One can easily discuss multiple issues. What's next, a call to prevent discussion on genocide in Sudan or any other non-American topic?

Where did many of the 9/11 hijackers become radicalised? Europe, the land of oppression. It has become an issue which affects the US.

Smoking affects the US and kills more civilians than dozens of 9/11s. Let's discuss that in the next thread.

There are a dozen things that over the last five years have killed more US civilians per year than Muslim terrorists. Why not make a top ten list and see where the terrorists rank as far as being a threat to US civlians? Would terrorists even make the top ten?

Not if one is going to be so stupidly obtuse as to believe that the matter should simply be framed as one of "what kills the most" as though there are not other effects associated with it that are relevant.

Buck Armstrong

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2004
Originally posted by: CanOWorms
Illegal Latin Americans in my state are causing problems by overloading our health care system. In other states, they run drugs, form street gangs, and live off government money. There are also many other 'welfare' cultures in America that involve other groups like African Americans.

Here's a better question; why are we discussing European issues when we have a million issues to deal with in our own country? Are Muslims just a hot topic right now? Or maybe we're discussing European Muslims because all the ones in the States are doctors and engineers.

What a silly question. One can easily discuss multiple issues. What's next, a call to prevent discussion on genocide in Sudan or any other non-American topic?

Where did many of the 9/11 hijackers become radicalised? Europe, the land of oppression. It has become an issue which affects the US.

Smoking affects the US and kills more civilians than dozens of 9/11s. Let's discuss that in the next thread.

I'd rather be killed by American second-hand smoke than some sexist, racist, religious fanatic straight out of the Middle Ages.

straightalker

Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Emrtr4
I am an American who travels frequently. Just last week I was in England and Denmark, and was in Italy and France earlier in the year.

We have a big immigration problem in the US with illegal immigrants from Latin American nations, primarily Mexico. I believe that they are a blessing in disguise as they are mainly hardworking, family oriented, kind people who only want to better themselves. We as American's should do everything we can to assimulate them into our society as their work ethic may help us combat the Chinese, but thats for another post.

When I was in Denmark I found that all of the members of the homogenous population hate the Muslims. Whether it was my Danish taxi driver, tour guides, business associates, shop keeps, or many other members of the population. They claim that they do not like them because they do not work and just live off of the social welfare systems that most socialized European nations have.

France has a massive problem with this as they refuse to allow the Muslims to assimulate into their society, and thus the muslims must create a sub culture that maintains many aspects of their old nations. Remember the French riots, these are the reasons for them.

Yet, then what I do not understand is why are the Europeans so pro Palestinian, Iranian, and Lebanese? The French, Danes, and all Europeans have far more in common with the democratic nation of ISreal than they ever will with the near dictatorships of nations like Iran.

If the Europeans do not like the muslims, then why does the European Media make up stories about fake Lebanese deaths simply to flame Isreal? I am not Jewish, but I am an American and to me it simply does not make any sense.

Europe needs to fix its problems, but it is rediculous and hypocritical for Europe to condem Isreal for its actions in the middle east as overly aggressive or violent if nations like France, Germany, and Belgium have done nothing but colonize, pillage, and now discriminate against members of Islam. A muslim would be treated better in the streets of Isreal than they ever would be in the streets of Paris (trust me, I have been to both).

I totally disagree with your entire attitude and excuse for coddling disease ridden rapists, jihadists, murderers, thieves, cowards, loafers and gangbangers.

What is it about National Borders you don't understand?

What is it about a 1000 times increase and explosion in cases of Leprosy in Texas you cannot grasp?

etc.

Putting children in public schools is increasingly a serious gamble with their health and safety!

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Europe's biggest problem, IMO, is that it isn't used to having large populations of people of other Races/Religions/Cultures living amongst them. For many centuries(millenia even) Europeans have lived within societies that were tight knit and closely inter-related. Despite needing and even wanting Immigrants for some reasons, they still don't know how to actually integrate Immigrants into their society effectively.

North America, OTOH, has always been about Immigrants since the begining(apologies to First Nations peoples). Despite that many Immigrant groups still had a tough time getting accepted by those who came before them. Much of that was caused by Old European attitudes towards certain groups, but in time the Old ways wained and New ways took their place. The same process should be expected to happen in Europe, people don't change overnight, especially people who have formed their attitudes within large societies and over significant periods of time.