Europa Universalis: Rome gets a release date

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
15 April 2008 for the US and 18 April for Europe. Funny cause the title of the game is Europa Universalis, but oh well.

Wikipedia Entry

Game Webpage

I've been hankering for a good Roman Sim/Strategy game for a while now, I wonder how this will fit the bill.

CottonRabbit

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2005
I loved the original, and I'm looking forward to this. But I don't know what new elements they can bring this time, and I think the Renaissance setting of the original encompassing the entire old world is much more interesting than just Rome. At least it'll be a good history lesson since the game is very historically accurate.

CottonRabbit

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2005
No, this is like playing Risk except a lot more detailed and in real time. You move armies in 10,000 man masses rather than individual units.

You start the game by choosing a nation on the world map and a year. You're given the land and resources that nation was estimated to have during that year. From there, you can wage war to capture provinces, make vassals, and colonize the new world. In one game I extended China from Greece to Texas, while in another I had England conquer all of Europe and North Africa.

Waging war is a lot like Risk where you move to capture provinces that can give you more manpower and money depending on the population and resource found in the province.