Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
i love the song from the trailer......

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
Charlie Kaufman = goooood.

anything he touches turns to gold as far as i'm concerned. plus, in adaptation, he (or rather nicholas cage) even drives the same kind of car as me. so you know he's awesome!

Stratum9

Apr 13, 2002
I love the title. It's brilliant. I've been repeating it in my head like a mantra for the past week.

And since Charlie Kaufman wrote it, the movie ought to be just as good.

FeathersMcGraw

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2001
Saw a preview of it earlier this week; thoroughly enjoyed it. It's an odd blend of Memento, romantic (but not trite or sappy) comedy, and The Twilight Zone.

Feb 10, 2000
I have a high level of faith in Charlie Kaufman (IMO Adaptation was one of the best films of the last few years), so I bet it will be good.

Zedtom

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2001
I was really full of anticipation prior to seeing the Truman show- only to be disappointed. I have that same feeling again. I 'm excited, but I don't want to get burned twice.

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
I thought Adaptation was a flaming piece of sh!t and Eternal Sunshine was ok at best.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
regardless of what you think about the plot/characters/story, you have to agree that the filmmaking is spectacular. The way they interweave the different parts of the story, going from the past to the present is absolutely brilliant. I'm going to watch this again to pick up on all the subtle details that appear throughout the movie.

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Maleficus
I thought Adaptation was a flaming piece of sh!t and Eternal Sunshine was ok at best.
I actually had advanced screening passes to Eternal Sunshine but I didn't go watch it. I, too, believe Adaptation was a POS.

dolph

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
let's put it this way: if you liked adaptation/being john malkovich/memento/any head trip movie, you'll probably like this. that's not to say you won't like it if you didn't like those other movies, though. it's really really good, and i almost want to watch it again to catch anything i might have missed the first time.