Estimated 70million rats in NYC, outnumbering people by 9 to 1!

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
well, on the plus side, in the event of a catastrophe, there is a week's worth of food in the form of rat meat.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I'm going to consider myself lucky, as I live in Calgary AB and have never seen a rat in my life - other than the one's on television.

phlashphire

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2000
Hey leave the rats alone! We and the rats share a peaceful coexistence here in NY. :) Actually it all depends on where you live in NY, I haven't seen one rat eversince I moved out of the city.

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000
I live in Manhattan NYC. Heheh that rat thing is kinda funny. I too think it depends on where you live. I live in Midtown...never seen (or even heard) a rat in my building. But I do see rats regularly in the subway tunnels.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Humm, I feel sorry for those poor "Survivor" wannabes, they'll starve shortly.;)

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
I think I wouldn't be first in line to make some quality of life arguments against rats being the most succesful. Unless you're the kind of guy that likes living in the sewers. :)

Stifko

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 1999
Yeah it is pretty bad here in regards to all of these rats running around. Don't ever eat at the boathouse cafe in Central Park! Thats a freaking rat infested dump. I could tell you stories about nasty things I saw while I worked there, especially when it rained a lot and the water got higher.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
and some of the rats are people :p

and E amish, stop making fun of the rats :p. how dare you call rats lawyers. :p

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
There was a rat out by my pool a while back - my cat tried to catch him but he got away. The next day I was puzzeled why my little pool cleaner wasn't working (Kreepy Krawler) I took the device out of the water, only to find HALF of a bloody rat corpse who had been sucked up and ripped in half! LOL.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
"Humm, I feel sorry for those poor "Survivor" wannabes, they'll starve shortly."

Don't feel sorry for them. I read that they will all receive $100,000 for being on the show, whether they win the big prize or not. This doesn't even count the cash endorsements that will come their way.