ESPN's "wokeness" reaches it's zenith.

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I still don't know what "wokeness" means. Perhaps someone can explain it to me? I'm not up to date with contemporary Nazi.

The word 'woke' as an adjective (and now a derived noun, I guess) seems to have suddenly started popping up all over the media in the last month. As an old person I find this annoying. Please stop doing it. However, it's still not as annoying as the use of 'optics' for 'appearances'.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The word 'woke' as an adjective (and now a derived noun, I guess) seems to have suddenly started popping up all over the media in the last month. As an old person I find this annoying. Please stop doing it. However, it's still not as annoying as the use of 'optics' for 'appearances'.

lol, ya dude, it's happening to me too.

Reactions: pmv

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
The word 'woke' as an adjective (and now a derived noun, I guess) seems to have suddenly started popping up all over the media in the last month. As an old person I find this annoying.

Agreed.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
The announcer was also part of the decision himself, and it doesn't sound like it's even unusual to switch games.

People getting up in arms about others getting up in arms is fabulous. Con news outlets create imagined outrage on a regular basis.

I personally don't care what ESPN decides to do.

If it's something he wanted to do, then whatever.

I don't really trust all the ppl on the left not to wander into right winger traps.

Reactions: ch33zw1z