eskimospy was right

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
A few days back the chair of the RNC make a comparison between President Obama and Captain Schettino. Which really isn't a flattering comparison for Pres. Obama. I said in a post that i'd bet someone would claim it was a racist comment. Eskimospy bet me that no legitimate news agency would call racism in this case. He was right, I was wrong and I freely admit my error.

somewhere in this thread
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2222910

Last edited:

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I'm married, if I got freaked out about admitting I was wrong she would have dumped me years and years ago.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
I'm married, if I got freaked out about admitting I was wrong she would have dumped me years and years ago.

QFT. I had to learn that one pretty quick when I got married. :thumbsup:

On topic though, I'm glad that the comparison/comment wasn't made in the MSM. It does nothing to contribute to our political discourse.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

Either that or you would be very unhappy.

My uncle told me something about marriage that at the time I thought was bullshit but turns out it is generally very true.

As a married man you can either be "right" or you can be happy. You can not be both.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

My uncle told me something about marriage that at the time I thought was bullshit but turns out it is generally very true.

As a married man you can either be "right" or you can be happy. You can not be both.

So true. Some things are just not worth arguing over.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
I like to think that the vast majority of us, regardless of how much we bicker and "hate" on each other and our positions, would not behave as such towards each other in real life. For example, I bet Monovillage and Eskimospy could enjoy some beers together and discuss politics like adults. Something about debating politics on the internet changes what language we use, how we frame our points, and so on. Also on the net we always seem to have to "win" the debate at all costs, rarely do you see someone conceding ground or acknowledging they were in the wrong.

So props to Monovillage.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004

Reminds me of that old adage:

If man makes a comment in the woods and his wife is not around to hear it, is he still wrong?

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009

So true. Some things are just not worth arguing over.

Very true! Married for 25 years.

Reminds me of that old adage:

If man makes a comment in the woods and his wife is not around to hear it, is he still wrong?

Yes, he's still wrong. j/k.

On a serious note. It is good to see a thread like this. Well done!

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
<---------- This is me grinning from ear to ear. Civility. let's hope it's infectious! :D

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
9 years of knowing my woman now and I have only heard "I'm sorry, I was wrong" twice.

Once on something we disagreed on, and once about her decision to marry me! :p