Error when running fixblast.exe

Tavis

Jun 20, 2000
Has anyone else gotten this error or know how to fix it?
Fixblast.jpg Error

This virus has been driving me crazy. I removed it the manual way, but when I restart my pc I still get the "update" screen and a file called Lov~1 (something like that) keeps opening under processes. I have the newest virus definitions for AVG and Symantec and neither of them are detecting any virus. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Yep, need to install the patch first. Blaster worm is messing with NAV.

Night201

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2001
Reformat and save yourself the throubles. Oh, and be more careful next time. Keep everything up to date!

CT2TXtech

Banned
Apr 28, 2003
yes me too, patch is installed and i try to run it again.
I get the same thing after it reaches a certain file, documentsandsettings/auditchannel,entertainmentsubchannel......
something like that
any ideas?

Tavis

Jun 20, 2000
I don't believe the virus is on my machine anymore, but when Windows starts I still get a screen that pops up and says Update then a window in that which says Status. Very annoying. I guess I'm just going to format, but this time I'm going to keep up with Windows updates! Damn virus makers. I hope there is a special place in hell for them.

Mnementh

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2003
Apparently there is an updated version of the worm which prevents the patch from being installed although windows update will tell you it has been, I think your only option unfortunately is a reformat and fresh install (much as I hate having to tell people to do that as it seems like a wimps way out!!)

Mnementh

jonmullen

Platinum Member
Jun 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Tavis
I don't believe the virus is on my machine anymore, but when Windows starts I still get a screen that pops up and says Update then a window in that which says Status. Very annoying. I guess I'm just going to format, but this time I'm going to keep up with Windows updates! Damn virus makers. I hope there is a special place in hell for them.

I am not defending virus maker's action's, but its also M$'s fault. The exploit was discoved about a month ago and it was obviously the biggest exploit in M$ history that I know of. If you ask me for the severity of the problem they did a crappy job of making ppl aware of it. I t took blaster to really get ppl to update.