Error when installing catalyst drivers.. "atiacmxx.dll failed to register"

bigtm135

Nov 5, 2005
Whenever I update drivers I get this error.. If I do a fresh install I never get it.

I just tried to go from 5.10a to 5.11. I first ran the ATI Uninstall Utility to get rid of all the junk; then i ran the Driver Cleaner Pro after wards. After I rebooted i tried to install the 5.11 drivers but I get the error "Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\atiacmxx.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. Contact your support personel." So i proceed to uninstall everything again and again with the same result. My catalyst control center will not install. However the drivers install fine.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or fixed it? It's not fun to have to format every time you change drivers.

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
I think the problem is that you need the netframework installed to use the control center. I had the same problem. Install that then try it, it should be fine.

nycdude

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Originally posted by: x80064
I think the problem is that you need the netframework installed to use the control center. I had the same problem. Install that then try it, it should be fine.

what he said.