Error when I click on MSI Clock tab in Display properties....Help!!!

FastFredE

Feb 20, 2001
Hopefully this is an easy one for you guys, cause it's got me puzzled.

Here's what I'm using:

MSI GF4 Ti4200 64MB (tried different drivers, same result)
WinXP Pro (SP1)
ASUS P4S533 (AGP driver v1.09)

Whenever I go into Display Properties and click on the MSI Clock or MSI Information tab, I get the following message: Run a DLL as an App has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Has anyone seen this before and/or know how to resolve this problem? TIA!

FastFredE

Feb 20, 2001
So nobody has seen this before? Come on people....
rolleye.gif

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Run a DLL as an App has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I that happen once when I installed new drivers and forgot to remove old ones first,I would remove all drivers and software ,reboot and reinstall them again,sounds like you`ve a corrupted file.

causality

Sep 8, 2002
I have an almost identical proplem with my msi. I also have the same board as you!

Did you have a card installed before this one? I did and I think my old drivers are messing this one up. I am going to try detonator destroyer (Even though I am on XP) and reinstalling. I'll keep you posted.

FastFredE

Feb 20, 2001
No, I didn't have any other card installed, just put this box together. Yeah, let me know, I was going to try that too.

causality

Sep 8, 2002
Dang, didnt work. I totally removed all old drivers but I still get the error. The fact that you have no old drivers leads me to suspect the board or the msi software. Anyone else have some advice?

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Anyone else have some advice?

Uninstall the MSI drivers & software and try Nvidia reference drivers ,I never bother with Leadtek drivers for my Leadtek card,I always use Nvidia reference drivers.

FastFredE

Feb 20, 2001
Originally posted by: causality
Dang, didnt work. I totally removed all old drivers but I still get the error. The fact that you have no old drivers leads me to suspect the board or the msi software. Anyone else have some advice?

Dude, I got it! Using the 40.41 drivers right now and it's working like a charm. I posted this question in another forum and someone had a solution, but it involves deleting some keys from the registry.

Caution! Proceed at your own risk, this is not for the weary/weak. The following link describes the registry clean up:

>>>Linky<<<

Good luck!