Error trying to send PM

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
I tried to send DeviousTrap a PM but got the following error:

The following error occurred:
Participants:
You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: DeviousTrap.

Any idea why?
He hasn't logged in since the middle of last summer. Could that be part of the problem, because of the software change?
I copied his username from his profile page so it's spelled correctly.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
I'm not seeing any setting to not receive PM's. There is a setting to start PM's with members only or people you follow only.
This is the first time i've initiated a PM since the switch to Xenforo, though i've received & replied to other sending me PM's.

jsimenhoff

Administrator
Jun 27, 2016
It's likely he does not have that feature enabled yet. We require you to post a certain number of times before you can PM. This is to prevent spammers from creating an account and PMing all of you lovely folks.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
It's likely he does not have that feature enabled yet. We require you to post a certain number of times before you can PM. This is to prevent spammers from creating an account and PMing all of you lovely folks.
Here's his profile page
https://forums.anandtech.com/members/devioustrap.92080/

I wonder if it's because he hasn't logged in since the forum change.
Last Activity: 31w 3d ago

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Because he has not logged in since the software change, his permissions have not updated. (At least that has happened before with other software changes.) So his ability to post a sig or send/receive PMs has not been enabled (among other things). Not that it would do any good to have it enabled since he hasn't visited in more than 7 months.