Error Creating Font / CreateOneFont errors replying to HTML email

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I have been getting this error lately in my email client (pegasus mail)...it started when my HD was failing and I have since replace the drive, reinstalled the pegasus program, the printer...did a SFC /scannow, and spyware/virus checks.

Anyone experience this error? I use a directly connected (via USB) Canon i960. Some talk of this mentions network printers...that is not my situation.

Oddly clicking OK to the three windows that spawn for the error brings up the HTML message just fine.

I can also print them just fine.

I also tried don't a repair on my fonts directory via TweakXP.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Try reinstalling Pegasus? Maybe one of it's files got tweaked with the failing HD.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I was referencing pegasus when I mentioned reinstalling the client...I was a little vague.

I also reinstalled BearHTML which reads HTML mail....

Thanks though.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Originally posted by: alkemyst
I was referencing pegasus when I mentioned reinstalling the client...I was a little vague.

I also reinstalled BearHTML which reads HTML mail....

Thanks though.

Vague or not, I guess I totally missed it the first time around. :eek:

Does this happen with all fonts? What application is generating the error, Pegasus? When you reinstalled, did you uninstall first, or do a repair? I assume you kept the Pegasus mail database? Is there a rebuild option for that within Pegasus? When does the error occur (only when switching views, will it just pop up when you're not doing anything, when you mouse over something, when you're printing, etc?)

Call me stupid, but how's BearHTML do for you that Pegasus isn't? If this is the same Pegasus I used for mail about ten years ago, it's pretty full-featured - does it not handle HTML emails natively?

Do you still get the error without BearHTML active?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I did uninstall pegasus and reinstall it. The error is present even without importing my mail.

I am going to more than likely start over tonight and bring mail over again.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
The solution that worked was to go your desktop properties->Settings->Advanced and choose a custom font size (I used 75%)...it fixed it immediately, but I rebooted switched back to the default and rebooted again...

I may need to do a repair install on XP...or just go and reinstall all my apps over themselves to be sure my dlls are in place. Irfanview failed on a auto color level function, reinstalling solved that.