Eric Cantor defends Michelle Bachmans Muslim witch hunt

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/27/eric-cantor-michele-bachman_n_1709341.html

Eric Cantor: Michele Bachmann Concerned About 'Security Of The Country'

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) declined Friday to join many of his colleagues in condemning Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) and others for their letters alleging Muslim Brotherhood influence in government.

He hedged when asked on CBS's "This Morning" whether Bachmann was "out of line" -- a sentiment a number of Republicans, including House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), have expressed.

"If you read some of the reports that have covered the story, I think that her concern was about the security of the country," Cantor said. "So that's all I know."

Apparently the crazy doesn't end with Bachmans near psychosis. The freaking head of her party in the House declines to criticise her.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Calling him a weasel is an insult to actual weasels.

His battle to out-douche Boner and Toad continues...

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Oh Christian Jesus God, the barbarians are coming to overthrow our trillion dollar military and enforce Sharia Law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Now, before someone comes in here with a non sequitur and quotes some other unrelated person who said something bad sometime and Obama or other Democrats didn't comdemn them. This is not like when Ted Nugent or Hank Williams, Jr. said stupid things. They are public figures but have no say within the party and no power, they're just idiots with a microphone. Bachmann is an elected official, member of the party, seat on committees, former candidate, face of the tea party. She needs to be condemned for her idiocy and racism and declining to do it, sidestepping, or defending is low.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Bachman is worried that Muslims have infiltrated our government. I'm more worried that Bachman has infiltrated our government.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
I'm far more concerned that an outright idiot like Bachman continues to win reelection.

Stupidity knows no bounds with white conservative Christians.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Muslim Brotherhood responds to Bachmann's witch hunt

But in Egypt, the birthplace of the Brotherhood, the organization’s leaders were either perplexed by the accusations or simply hadn’t heard them. Nor had they heard of Huma Abedin.

“The Muslim Brotherhood can’t even penetrate the Egyptian government,” said a Brotherhood leader in Egypt’s Daqheleya province, Ibrahim Ali Iraqi, in response to the accusations his group had infiltrated top US agencies.

Indeed, having assumed the presidency following a year of economic tumult and political upheaval, the Brotherhood’s Mohamed Morsi is grappling with severe domestic problems — not least of which is his battle with the ruling military for executive power.

“We are in a period of darkness because the country is still governed by the Supreme Council of Armed Forces — and they have a long history of support from the United States,” Iraqi said. “So it’s ridiculous that these accusations are leveled at us.”

But while the US has in fact long financially supported Egypt’s military — a diplomatic bribe, of sorts, to keep the peace with Israel — only recently have US diplomats publicly warmed to the Muslim Brotherhood.

After several false starts for US-Brotherhood relations in Egypt’s pre-revolution era, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton met President Morsi in Cairo for the first time on July 14.

The US government does not list the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization, and the group has not carried out a violent, armed attack in 50 years.

“All we have [with the US] is a relationship of mutual respect and mutual interests that must be maintained,” Al Nahhas said.

Bachmann writes that Abedin, an American of Indian-Pakistani descent, “has three family members — her late father, her mother and her brother — connected to Muslim Brotherhood operatives and/or organizations.”

But following her evidence, the links either fail to materialize or are based on ultimately shoddy sources.

Bachmann’s online supporters have taken particular issue with Abedin’s mother, Saleha Abedin, a sociology professor whom they say has been exposed as a member of the global “Muslim Sisterhood,” an organization whose existence is disputed.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...hmann-huma-abedin-muslim-brotherhood-responds

Feb 4, 2009
I'm waiting for someone to find an extremely odd family link that connects her to something. Terrorist, Nazi's or worse (in her mind) some gay support group founder.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I'm waiting for someone to find an extremely odd family link that connects her to something. Terrorist, Nazi's or worse (in her mind) some gay support group founder.

Bachmann has received campaign contributions from HSBC, HSBC has laundered (albeit due to lax protocols) money for Al-Qaeda, Mexican drug cartels, and other fun folks. Therefore, it is clear Bachmann is a Muslim terrorist.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/bachmann-muslim-comments-dhs_n_1703319.html

But the other Muslim American individuals targeted by these lawmakers, who aren't quite as famous as Abedin, haven't been so lucky.

Mohamed Elibiary, a national security expert who serves as an advisor for the Department of Homeland Security, was accused last October of leaking secret documents in an effort to smear then-presidential candidate and Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) as Islamophobic. The charges led to death threats, and the FBI had to visit Elibiary's home to investigate a suspicious package.

DHS found the charges baseless, but nine months later, Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), one of Ebiliary's chief accusers, hasn't let it go. He's now taken his issue with Elibiary -- a Republican whom he described last week as "a very nice gentleman" -- even further, accusing him in a June 13 letter to DHS of having ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Elibiary, along with Mohamed Magid and Dalia Mogahed, are mentioned in one of the letters sent to various government agencies earlier this month by Reps. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), Trent Franks (R-Ariz.), Thomas Rooney (R-Fla.), Lynn Westmoreland (R-Ga.) and Gohmert. The representatives are all calling for investigations into whether the Muslim Brotherhood has infiltrated the U.S. government. Magid is also mentioned in a letter to the Justice Department

All three say they are in no way affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood. But it's difficult for them to clear their names, Elibiary said, when members of Congress seem intent on dragging them through the mud.

"They feel like there's no consequences to what they're doing, no negativity, and they just wrap themselves in the flag like they're the only uber-patriots out there. There are real peoples' lives that are affected," said Elibiary, the sole Muslim member of the Homeland Security Advisory Council. "This is a witch hunt to just make sure that we ruin every Muslim who is serving in any capacity in the government, period."

Huma Abedin is under police protection and has at least recieved some support.
These other guys are just screwed.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
woman is retarded, her constituents should feel bad.

If it were only her and her constituents that would be ok. There have always been wackadoos in government.
But Bachman is on the House Intelligence Committee! WTFBBQ!

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I very Much agree with Original Earl here, maybe there was a chance that the young Egyptian reformers who demonstrated in Tahir square could have prevailed in subsequent Egyptian elections. As that group is far less interested in Islamic politics and more interested in Egyptian economic and political reform.

Sadly that group forgot to organize politically. There was zero chance a Mubarak era stooge would prevail, and as a result the only politically organized groups in Egypt were the Muslim Brother Hood and the far more radical right leaning Salifists. As we in the USA should be damn glad the radical Muslims Salifts party got the minority of Parliamentary seats.

But as Original Earl points out, there is a power struggle in Egypt, between a democratically elected Mursi, the Non democratically elected Egyptian court system, and the Mubarak era Egyptian military.

IMHO, we are talking about a very dangerous potential Egyptian anarchy here, as that kind of wind will blow no one any good.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Where are the Jews on this?

I realize its hard to defend Muslims in government because there are a lot of Muslim terrorists and a lot of bad blood. But wtf is wrong with the Jews?

In the 1950's Jews went thru the same things. They were branded un-American. McCarthy went after Hollywood because it had so many Jewish workers. The blacklist was a Jewish who's who in Hollywood.

It is pretty disappointing that the Anti-Defamation league and Jewish politicians and business leaders haven't spoken up about this. Its exactly the same thing that happened to them.

And, could easily happen again.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
I have to admit... Bachmann can make even me feel pretty damn smart. I don't understand how Bachmann could get accepted into law school (even if she was protected by affirmative action and in a low performing pool of applicants).

berzerker60

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2012
I have to admit... Bachmann can make even me feel pretty damn smart. I don't understand how Bachmann could get accepted into law school (even if she was protected by affirmative action and in a low performing pool of applicants).

It has nothing to do with affirmative action, women are barely under half of all law students. There are just a huge number of law schools at lower tiers aimed at offering expensive degrees to people who think very highly of themselves and have money to burn (or no sense and good credit). Anyone can get into SOME law school. Bachmann went to Oral Roberts, a school that doesn't even exist anymore and got partly absorbed into Regent University, a bible college controlled by the Pat Robertson crowd.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Calling him a weasel is an insult to actual weasels.

His battle to out-douche Boner and Toad continues...

The tea party has cantor by the balls.

Cantor is the panderer in chief for the Teahadists. They're his troops in the HOR, his means to unseat Boehner if he can or to become the repub presidential candidate in 2016.

Remember- Repubs will eat their own when the opportunity presents itself.