Ergonomic chair, office chair, gaming chair?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Lmao, I was posting here in September 2018 and I still haven't bought a chair yet.

I can't find one that's just right damnit! Lol oh man

I was very close to getting a Secret Labs chair recently but am not too big on the "racing/gamer" style nor on those movable lumbar pillows.

So... I think I'm gonna go with the Ergohuman chair. I just hope it works for me. It looks pretty good anyway.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
This first post is a good one.

Herman Miller released their Logitech G chair. It's only $1500. At least it's based on their excellent Embody chair.

If a second stimulus check comes out, I'm definitely getting a Backstrong (aka All33) chair:

Been doing a LOT more sitting with COVID (remote work etc.) & am starting to feel it. Your bed, shoes, and chairs all get more important as you get older & creakier haha!

Denis1980

Oct 19, 2020
Bought for over a month Hara Chair Nietzsche UD.
Now to the point.
I tried it in the demo room - it was very comfortable to sit, and after I assembled it at home, I did not experience the same sensations. But I decided to wait. At the same time, I checked the load on the spine with Voll diagnostics (there is such a section) - it turned out that several sections (sacral, lumbar) were heavily loaded. It took more than a month to work remotely from home on this chair, and I went to diagnose again. There was a slight load on the sacral spine. And that's all. It feels comfortable to sit.
For people with problems in the spine and leading a sedentary lifestyle, I definitely recommend it.
1920-1920.jpg

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I'm going to be in the market for a new office chair pretty soon. I've been looking at the Herman Miller and Steelcase chairs, but I don't know. I want something BIFL.

I bought a Stressless recliner last year for my living room and I love it, so I've been checking out their line of office chairs. Cost seems in-line with their recliners, which is high (especially considering the office chairs do not come with an ottoman), but they are certainly BIFL quality and I can attest to their comfort and durability.

The Mayfair office chair (which would match my Mayfair recliner) is around $2600, while the Consul is around $1600, which is much more reasonable.

They may not be as ergonomic as the Aeron or Leap, but the comfort is certainly there as well as the quality. I don't know if the "real" office chairs have the same lifespan as the Stressless.

Nov 20, 2009
Buy It For Life. No such thing anymore unless you mean that once it breaks it won't get picked up by your trash people. :)

JamesCarlton

Dec 11, 2020
Hello. I think it depends on for what Purpose you are going to buy the chairs. Every chairs have their own benefits and their own looks. If we talk about gaming chair they have very high back with wide armrest and a pillow behind neck and some other feature also and most important is they look super cool as compare to any other chair, and If we talk about Ergonomic chair these chair best suit for the office purpose where people have to work for long hours just by sitting on their chair as these chair have best lumbar support which help to maintain the posture of spine during office hours and this is must to reduce the health issues which arise due to bad sitting posture.That is what ergonomic chairs do so in the end its up to you what and why you have to prefer.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
I'm doing WFH a lot more lately & posted a thread about my Backstrong chair:

It solved my back-pain issues from sitting around all day. A+. I did end up picking up a seat cushion pad for it because it was a little bit under-stuffed for long-term comfort, but other than that it's been excellent!