Equal Pay - Legal or Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Ridiculous. A) If you are here illegally you should not even be able to get a job. B) If you are here illegally you should not be able to get a paycheck. C) If you are in the US illegally the government nor the courts should help you in civil matters.

RedCOMET

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2002
Ridiculous. A) If you are here illegally you should not even be able to get a job. B) If you are here illegally you should not be able to get a paycheck. C) If you are in the US illegally the government nor the courts should help you in civil matters.

Sounds like something mexico or any other country would have in their immigration laws.

dammitgibs

Jan 31, 2009
In a backwards roundabout way this could be a good thing. If a farmer or factory has to pay all labor the same, why would he hire an illegal? Illegals will be crying "DEY TOOK R TRABAJO!" and will all have to go home, no work for them, now the only ones coming through the border illegally will be drug runners.

RedCOMET

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2002
No, i just think this will mean we will hear more stories about illegals calling the dept of labor and complaining and then not be arrested for immigration violations. and the ones that do get arrested for immigration violation and go through a deportation proceedings will be a sob story all over the media b/c they have anchor babies. Meanwhile, more illegals will come here b/c they now know they will be able to get a higher paying job.. and if they don't get a good pay they can complain...

gee, i think i almost sound like spidey

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
i don't know, kind of thinking if the pay is the same for no language barrier, no cultural barrier and mostly no fear of getting busted by ICE or a sheriff, there is no reason to employee illegally. who knew, the dol, in their infinite stupidity (have incredibly bad dealing s/w dol/owcp) may have accidentally quashed the illegal problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.