EQ2 Gameupdate 44 Visual Preview

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Scouzer
I'm afraid nothing about EQ2 is, was, or ever will be cool.

:roll: There's always some idiot, usually an SOE hater, that will chime in in EQ2 related threads. If you don't like EQ2, don't play it, but don't come into another people's threads and spread baseless mindless trash.

EQ2 is a very solid and enjoyable MMO with loads of content for all levels.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
I'm coming back to eq2 this month now that I have more time to play.
That update looks great, has a real spooky dark theme to it.

EQ2 is a great game, with loads of content.
I never understood why people have to have 1 choice for a game to play.
Whethere its rts, fps, or mmorpg.

Its like people can't stand the fact that some people like to play EQ over WOW.
Call of duty over team fortress.
Or that some people play both or everything, and gasp, like them? Oh the horror.

larry89

Feb 8, 2005
EQ2 seems to tailor to a more RP/immerson/older crowd

The areas are beautiful and lots of differentiation. Loads of content to do

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
Originally posted by: Scouzer
I'm afraid nothing about EQ2 is, was, or ever will be cool.

And why do you say that?

You know, my girlfriend played WoW, loves it. I played EQ2 loved it... I tried to get her to play EQ2, she whined about it, she needed my help to lvl, she'd never log in, and told me there was just something special about WoW.

So I'm like ok, I'll try Wow on her behalf, there has to be something great about it. It is popular. Over the last month, I'm so bored with WoW. I will stick it out for her sake, for now. But to be honest, it's a shitty game. EQ2 is much more solid as a game. From interface to gameplay to graphics, everything in and out top to bottom... I can't wait to go back to EQ2. :) Maybe in a month or two.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
I don't see anything there about revamping the skeletal models so that they can introduce new armor model designs instead of having the same old armor model designs for armor repeated over and over again /barf.

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
I haven't read much on Shard of Hate but I hope it's divided into areas like back in Eq1. This way casual guilds (folks who don't raid 5-6 times a week and who have jobs) can still enjoy a bit of the zone. I read somewhere the final mob was level 88 so some is definitely aimed at the raiders, but let's hope for once they think of everyone else.

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: larry89
EQ2 seems to tailor to a more RP/immerson/older crowd

The areas are beautiful and lots of differentiation. Loads of content to do

true.. but with empty areas... it's very difficult to get a group for the content. :(

I've tried both - and I find WoW to be more enjoyable of the 2.