• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Discussion EPYC builders thread

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

balnazzar

Feb 20, 2013
Hi folks!

I got to build an Epyc Rome workstation (target: deep learning research), and I have a specific requirement: the board must allow sleep (suspend-to-ram) or at least hibernation (suspend-to-disk).

I already had an EPYCD8-2T, and I had to return it since there was no way to put it into sleep.

Maybe you can report if your own boards do allow sleep/hibernation?

Thanks in advance!

Markfw

CPU Moderator, VC&G Moderator, Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 16, 2002
My 5 EPYC systems are always@100% use, so no idea. But 3 of my 5 motherboards are the EPYCD8-2T

StefanR5R

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2016
Exactly like Markfw, I have no use for sleep or hibernation.
I set up my swap partitions too small for hibernation, hence can't test it unless I add another disk.
I now tried sleep (initiated it from the respective button on the login screen) and it went to sleep but I did not find a way to wake it back up. I had to power-cycle it in order to recover.

(This is dual EPYC 7452, Supermicro H11DSi, openSUSE Leap 15.2 with kernel 5.3.18.)

ASK THE COMMUNITY