Question EPP domain code?

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Is this new?

I don't remember having to get an EPP code the last time I transfered my domain. My hosting company has been despondent for 2 weeks now and since they transferred me to another cpanel platform I can't log in to see if there's a code there.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It's newish but been that way for a while, like 5+ years I think? Maybe more. I never really noticed when it started but don't deal with it often either. Some registrars will give you more trouble than others. *cough* Network Solutions.

Normally the registrar itself will have the code so you need access to the control panel. Some registrars will give you the run around though, it's a painful process sometimes but other times it's fairly easy. Make sure the domain is not in registrar-lock mode. That mode should be set at all times, but you unset it when you plan to do a transfer.

Reactions: paperfist

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
It's newish but been that way for a while, like 5+ years I think? Maybe more. I never really noticed when it started but don't deal with it often either. Some registrars will give you more trouble than others. *cough* Network Solutions.

Normally the registrar itself will have the code so you need access to the control panel. Some registrars will give you the run around though, it's a painful process sometimes but other times it's fairly easy. Make sure the domain is not in registrar-lock mode. That mode should be set at all times, but you unset it when you plan to do a transfer.

Yeah I think it's been that long since I moved my domains to this host which happens to be Canadian.... Royalty Hosting :) which explains why I never had to deal with EPP codes before.

I did unlock it, the problem which they finally fixed is their Hsphere control panel platform is behind the times and everyone got locked out of it. Now if they'd only answer their support tickets.